Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,

I am from Illinois and buying this bike. I already paid the price and waiting to be deiliver.
After seacring a lot about this bike and reading reviews on it. I am still confused becasue some people says thats its a slow bike and they made a a mistake and ready to sell. some people loved it.

Could you please explain Pros and cons on this bike? how has been your experience so far.

My dealer told me I can still change the bike beofre the delivery and get Ninja 650.

I am first time rider and want a bike for atleast 2-3 year.

Please suggest.

Thanks.

·
Hero of Time
1,352 Posts
how does an fz6r still come with halogen lights :\ i think our 300s look better than almost every supersport ive seen

and jabbasi....at this point in time if i was told i had to ride my bike for 3 years and nothing else i'd still be happy. im sure one day i will be on a 600 but not for years until i have dailied and tracked my 300 and finally feel like my limits are past the bikes limits.

·
Registered
733 Posts
I have been on my 300 for ~4 months and love it. I do plan on getting the 636 later on but I will never and I do mean never get rid of my 300. As a fan of kawi it is a good bike the 250 was crap IMO compared to the 300.

·
Registered
923 Posts
What do you plan to do with the bike? If you want to ride for fun and go for rides with friends or commute, this is for you. If you're trying to race it right out of the box at 190 mph this is not it. I've had 4 bikes, all but this one were 600cc bikes. I do not miss the speed because I can actually use all the gears. I don't need to go 150 mph on main street. I love the smoothness and overall feel of the bike. I'm still in shock at how smooth the clutch is. I WISH I had this as my beginner bike. Kawasaki definitely stepped it up.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
2,760 Posts
The simple way to put it.. Your going to be faster than most cars on the road.. Get better MPG that most cars on the road.. It will go any legal speed limit in the USA with ease..

If you want to go outside of that, we need to know what you are looking for..

·
Registered
162 Posts
Yeah man... It's true, this is a slow bike... As compared to an F16 jet. I have this bike for 2 mos now and it hasn't given me anything but fun. I do 75 to 85 on a freeway with still a lot more room to accelerate and that's all I need. :)

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for the quick responses. as I mentioned I already paid the price, I really like it, and one friend asked me if i will use it for commute or for race. offcourse for commute and fun ride.

in this forum some people compalined that their back hurts after a long ride and their hand hurt as well and they consider this bike as uncomfortable ride. that made me little confused.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I have never ridden anything else so I can't really give a good comparison with anything else. That being said, if you are looking for 150+ speeds, this bike won't get you there. Other than that, it's a great, fun, and reliable bike. As far as comfort goes, I'm 6'1" and 200lb and I find the bike perfectly comfortable. As long as you don't put too much weight on your wrists and remember to grip the tank with your knees, it's fine even after two hours.

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
This is likely one of the more comfortable sport bikes you can buy. Many of the larger bikes have a more aggressive riding position that would be even more uncomfortable for long rides. Many people who experience back pain, etc are first time riders that are adjusting to riding in general. Arguably, their back/backside would be sore regardless of the sport bike they got. The majority who start with some discomfort adapt and eventually ride for long trips without issue.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
All I know is eighty five over the bridge is plenty fast for me; the mirrors already make it so easy to pretend I'm flying

Sent from my LG-P999 using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
I ♥ Borat In A Thong
981 Posts
The bike is not slow. Its not a rocket but definitely not slow. My back was a little sore at first because I have a bad back but I am past all that. My wrists and forearms hurt at first but that was from over gripping and holding myself up with my arms rather than legs. My clutch thumb hurt for a while (about 2.5 weeks) for some reason but now it's perfectly fine and I love this bike.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
801 Posts
According to my calculation, unless I have gone wrong somewhere the 300 has a better power to weight ratio than the 650l, if you add rider weight the even out around the 90kg mark! Then favoring the 650l for a heavier rider but not much! I'm over 90 but I'd take the 300 every time!

·
Registered
506 Posts
Keep in mind alot of people on this forum are brand new riders, and their bodies are not used to it, so yet until they get used to it they will be sore.
I second this. My first ride, i came back with a sore throttle wrist cause i was too tight.

It's all about relaxing and finding where your body sits the most comfortably. Good mantra is to keep loose on the bars but keep core tight to support weight of upper body. (Instead of leaning your weight onto the handlebars)

Sent from my R800x using Motorcycle.com Free App

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.