Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I would like to get something where I could mount and charge my iPhone (to use as a GPS primarily) while riding far. I have no clue how to set this up and am not really sure what it's even called. The thread below a moment ago has this:

http://www.jpcycles.com/product/362-061

It is as simple as hooking it onto the battery and strapping it on?

·
Premium Member
12,371 Posts
remove seat, this thing is prewired with fuse, lift the plugs/cover from top the battery, bike sure bike is off, unscrew battery terminals and screw in the new device you have shown, red wire goes to POSITIVE side of battery, black wire goes to negative side of battery, run the cables to where you like on the bike, and mount it *SECURELY* keep it away from the handle bars, you dont it to come lose & jam the handlebars, or your history

·
Premium Member
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
remove seat, this thing is prewired with fuse, lift the plugs/cover from top the battery, bike sure bike is off, unscrew battery terminals and screw in the new device you have shown, red wire goes to POSITIVE side of battery, black wire goes to negative side of battery, run the cables to where you like on the bike, and mount it *SECURELY* keep it away from the handle bars, you dont it to come lose & jam the handlebars, or your history
Thanks! :D

·
Registered
55 Posts
This is how I did mine. Hooked the posi directly to the battery; negative to a nearby bolt. I ride mine everyday so I'm not worried about battery drain now. Will probably switch that soon now that I know everything works perfectly. Had to fabricate the mounting plate out of a generic bracket from Home Depot's lumber dept.
RAM-HOL-PD3U is the cradle I use. I had it on my scooter before this bike and crashed it...a lot and it never let go of my phone.
RAM-B-201U-A is the short arm ball-to-ball
RAM-B-367U is the base. Is the same bolt size as the stock handlebar mounts so it FITS PERFECTLY EVEN WITH STOCK BARS!! or with woodcraft clip-ons.

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts