Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a question about the 2015 models, since there are two different ones.
1. AFS, AFSA (SE), BFS and BFSA (SE)
2. AFF, AFFA (SE), BFF and BFFA (SE)
For those who may wonder why I ask - it looks like that they are different in engines.
Thx for all answers.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
@xorbe, thank you for your answer.
Yes the theme about emissions is a big part in the development and this requires modifications in engines and also in the setup of fuel- and ignition-management.
So if anybody says that nothing's changing what do you think is the truth about this?
Just do yourself a favor and search the web about the following: '2008, 2009, 2010 & 2011: What's the difference?'
Then read the answer from the moderator: 'Nothing of any consequence. Color schemes change each year....' this answer is embarrassing because saying anything like he does makes it look like that this guy has no clue about what's really going on.
A second answer to read is from the guy living in Japan: '...When I bought my bike (2011 FI Japanese model) the mechanic/dealer said that Kawasaki had made some changes/improvements to the engine, perhaps in compression or timing or some such (my Japanese isn't really good enough to follow technical mechanic speak and he was being vague anyway.) He specifically said that the changes were not reported to the public, just dealers....' and there you see the reality said.
In the automotive business it is highly usual that the development does NEVER stop, since there are always things which can and must be improved.
And to make it easier to understand, those who own a 2-fiddy from 2008 or 2009 have the better bike instead of those who got the 2011 or 2012, since the engines from the first have been the most powerful ones and also the first bikes have been lighter than the last ones. Never forget that emissions and power will not go together.
In case of the EX300 when you take a look into the parts-catalog on the Kawasaki website from Mexico than you can see that there are different valvesprings used, so what is the reason for this?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts