transport a helmet

I really think i am just gonna bring one up there one day and leave
it so he has one there but if i could figure out a good way to transport
it i would not have to buy 2 lol

·
Banned
562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i have a back pack but its not big enough for his helm. At least i dont think it is
its a big swiss gear maybe it is LOL

·
Registered
909 Posts
I actually purchased a cargo net on Saturday and used it (I purchased a helmet and didn't think of a way to get it home so I picked that up.)

I put some hooks under the seat, and the others down onto the hooks. I can take a picture later tonight.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Banned
562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I actually purchased a cargo net on Saturday and used it (I purchased a helmet and didn't think of a way to get it home so I picked that up.)

I put some hooks under the seat, and the others down onto the hooks. I can take a picture later tonight.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

please do that is what i am looking for
how far a trip was it?
i will be going about 50 miles
about half of it highway
how snug was it etc

·
Registered
909 Posts
heres my pics.

i find it easiest to start by putting the hooks, laying down, under the seat like so.

(note; i pushed the knot covering the hole more under the seat)

then closed the seat making sure it clicks fully and pulling to make sure it is on right. then i let the net hang over the drivers seat (correct term? idk)

then place the helmet onto the passanger seat (i prefer to have the visor facing opposite of my back... so the back of the helmet is what my back would touch [unlike in the pictures]... dont know why... i just do... [even though i dont touch it unless i lean or scoot back] also fun fact. i also throw my extra gloves inside the helmet)

then grab the net and stretch it tight over the helmet and hook it to the side hooks... like so.

and it feels pretty sturdy. i dont see it coming of at freeway speeds. might shift slightly on quick sharp turns but not enough to matter. i usually grab the helmet and give it a good shake to make sure its on there pretty tight. i personally would ride 80mph with it and feel comfortable.

·
Banned
562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ok now i see what i was doing wrong
thanx alot!

·
Registered
909 Posts
haha it took me a minute outside of cycle gear to figure out the best way... i felt like a moron... even looked at another rider "you know how to work these things?" he came over but had no idea, he had a cruiser that had hooks toward the front specifically for that. we dont.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.