Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've talked to my best friend and he heard about this modification but I want to see what u guys have to say as well. Im cheap and don't wanna spend $170 on a new straight pipe header lol so I'm thinking about cutting the cat in half to gut it out and have it welded back together for a stock straight pipe header. My question is, is this worth the time of modification to gain power or am I actually gonna lose power?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No regrets with gutting mine. Cost me lunch for my friend. The tuner made a huge difference.
Do u actually lose power by gutting the stock cat until u tune it? Or should I wait til I get my tuner then gut the cat?

·
Banned
1,717 Posts
I doubt it, I certainally couldn't feel any loss.

This was my post in the other thread,

Test ride today after welding it back together. No noise increase over my Akra open Ti slip on, feels like it has a real hit off the bottom, pulls the forks to top out harder for sure. I can't feel any "jetting" problems, fuels just as well as stock. No popping on decel, maybe a slightly louder burble when you just touch the throttle on decel but no real difference there.

All good and it cost me a lunch for my buddy and under 30 minutes total wrench time.

·
Registered
2,760 Posts
I sold him my Leo Corsa and gave him my stock header to gut, after I upgraded to the M4 Full system.. Try to get him hooked up for cheap :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts