Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
I put 160-60 and 120-60's on mine. It rides well and is still pretty nimble. No mods necessary. The tires are almost the same F/R ratio diameter as the stock tires, so the ABS works .

However the tires are really a little too wide for the rims, according to the info that I was able to get.
So they are a little "scrunched". Which means that the edge of the tire may be at a steeper angle which might make them less able to corner as deeply. But it also may mean that it still "tips" easily, so the bike is still flickable.

I still have a fairly wide area on the edges of my tires that I don't use, yet, so ... :)
I suggest that ykoui get used to the way it handles with the stock tires (if they have enough tread to do so), then try different sizes. If you don't like what you put on, wear them down and try again!

·
Registered
3 Posts
I’m sure this has been asked before on here but I don’t want to go digging. Does anyone know of any mods or anything that will allow for a wider rear tire on a 300 without compromising ride ability/safety? Thanks guys.
Hey, late post here but I just thought I had to put in my two-iding my Ninja 300 2016 for a little over a year now. After a year, I can definately say I've improved my skill as a rider - but I always felt held back by the bike.
and NO - I don't mean held back by the power, I have a blast with all 300cc of bike. My bike just felt UNSTABLE. Unstable in corners; unstable at highway speeds; unstable over bumps and cracks. THAT was my main gripe.

Initially I thought upgrading to a full on Supersport would be the answer, but instead of blowing $6000+ on a used Zx6r, I decided to try and fine tune the bike.

I did TWO modifications that I feel fixed the "instability" issue I had....

1. Adjusted the rear suspension preload
2. Installed a bigger and better rear tire

I am 200lbs riding semi-aggressive on the street. My preload is set to 3 and I have a 150/60 rear tire. The bike feels more stable in turns. Power delivery is better because my fat ass isn't sinking the rear suspension. And I got rid of those trash stock tires.

Also, I feel the bigger rear tire and stuffer suspension puts you in a more "race" forward seating position. Install some adjustable rearset and clipons and you are not only track ready, but have all the feel of a Supersport with all the fun of a 300cc bike.

Just my extended 2 cents lol

21 - 22 of 22 Posts