Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m sure this has been asked before on here but I don’t want to go digging. Does anyone know of any mods or anything that will allow for a wider rear tire on a 300 without compromising ride ability/safety? Thanks guys.

·
Premium Member
1,015 Posts
The topic has been beat to death many times. It can be done and many owners swear by it. There are also others who feel that the larger tires compromise the handling of the bike. Most agree that the mod makes the little Ninja LOOK better.
I just bought new tires for my bike and I replaced the tires using the original sizes. I am more concerned with a bike that is more "flickable" than a bike that LOOKS better. Others will disagree. Your choice.

·
Registered
450 Posts
I’m sure this has been asked before on here but I don’t want to go digging. Does anyone know of any mods or anything that will allow for a wider rear tire on a 300 without compromising ride ability/safety? Thanks guys.
At the very least you can safely put a 150/60 on, as that is what they're using on the Winter Test Edition.

·
Registered
450 Posts
Ok so are either of you going to provide an answer? Like maybe what the mod is? Or what needs to be done? Rather than just saying “yes you can”

Ok, so how? What do I need to do?

Well, that's me disappearing from this thread.....:eek:mg:

·
Registered
157 Posts
It doesn't hurt to read the thread Arved posted or do a quick search yourself, giving people attitude is not gonna get you anywhere. As far as mods I didn't see any mention of it people just got bigger tires but I am not sure, I keep mine stock.

·
Registered
348 Posts
You did the two things that old members don't like at all.
First, you asked a frequent question without doing a search first, and actually claimed that you didn't feel like 'go digging'.
Then, you got upset because nobody replied. (Or at least your post sounded upset)
LOL. Probably not the best way to get answers around.

Anyways, I don't feel touched and I don't care if people ask over and over about tires, fender eliminators or exhausts.

My bike has a Michelin Pilot Road 3's, rear is 160 and front is 120. No mods needed, and the bike is super stable, does everything well and it looks very nice.
However, the tire looks distorted and at my full lean, I don't get to use the edge of the tires.
Also, the front seems to be wearing in a strange way. not evenly. The tires have about 8000 miles. Still some tread left.

Those tires where new on the bike when I bought the bike (used), so I left them, but my next set of tires will be 150 rear and 110 front.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Ok so are either of you going to provide an answer? Like maybe what the mod is? Or what needs to be done? Rather than just saying “yes you can”

I have no personal experience putting larger tires on my bike. Despite having "Veteran" posted under my name, I think I've only been here, and riding my micro-Ninja, for about 2 months now. I have a few hundred more miles than when I got her with 2,000 miles, and the bike still has her original tires. I commute about 16 miles a day if/when it's not too cold (below 45F in the morning) and not too wet (we're expecting severe thunderstorms for this afternoon's commute home, so I took the Miata).

But I can find and read what others with more experience than I have had with the 300 Ninja. If pointing you in the same direction is considered avoiding answering the question, then I've got a problem.

·
Registered
166 Posts

Um, buy a bigger tire and put it on. One size up, i.e. 150 vs. stock 140, doesn't require any mods...

·
Registered
131 Posts
Jus pop a 300 wide tire in the back, lower it extend the swingarm and call it a day. That why they call it a ninja 300 bro. U'll look sick bro.+30HP.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
You did the two things that old members don't like at all.
First, you asked a frequent question without doing a search first, and actually claimed that you didn't feel like 'go digging'.
Then, you got upset because nobody replied. (Or at least your post sounded upset)
LOL. Probably not the best way to get answers around.

Anyways, I don't feel touched and I don't care if people ask over and over about tires, fender eliminators or exhausts.

My bike has a Michelin Pilot Road 3's, rear is 160 and front is 120. No mods needed, and the bike is super stable, does everything well and it looks very nice.
However, the tire looks distorted and at my full lean, I don't get to use the edge of the tires.
Also, the front seems to be wearing in a strange way. not evenly. The tires have about 8000 miles. Still some tread left.

Those tires where new on the bike when I bought the bike (used), so I left them, but my next set of tires will be 150 rear and 110 front.
Thank You! Finally someone that can offer some useful information. FYI I don’t really give a shit if I piss people off. No one is required to respond on here. If you don’t have info that can help me then just move along. Telling me how many times this question has been posted doesn’t help me. I don’t really care.

Anyhow, is your 160 rear tire on the stock rim?

·
Registered
166 Posts
FYI I don’t really give a shit if I piss people off. No one is required to respond on here. If you don’t have info that can help me then just move along. Telling me how many times this question has been posted doesn’t help me. I don’t really care.
Nice. How about you stop being lazy and do your own damn research? Coming on here and asking questions should result in a dialogue, not a whiny tantrum when you don't immediately get what you want, particularly when it's a question that has many posts and threads devoted to it. You don't like that you aren't getting what you want? Right over there is the door, buddy...

·
Registered
140 Posts
FYI I don’t really give a shit if I piss people off. No one is required to respond on here. If you don’t have info that can help me then just move along. Telling me how many times this question has been posted doesn’t help me. I don’t really care.

Really? REALLY?

Next time stick to using Siri.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Thank You! Finally someone that can offer some useful information. FYI I don’t really give a shit if I piss people off. No one is required to respond on here. If you don’t have info that can help me then just move along. Telling me how many times this question has been posted doesn’t help me. I don’t really care.

Yes, stock rims, non ABS, year 2013.

·
Registered
43 Posts

Yes, stock rims, non ABS, year 2013.
Helpful person Topaz.... and for TB300 karma will get you. I advise you to do more research on what you are planning to do. 160/60 will fit but make sure tire is align properly or it will rub on edge w/chain. I have 160/60 angel GT on it with a 5" rim.

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
I don't. That thread is loaded with some poor information.

I also don't blame anyone for doing a search and then giving up. A search for tire width is going to turn up 50,000 hits and it would be impossible for any newbie to separate the good ideas from the bad.

I wrote up what I thought was a pretty good summary of the tire width concerns. I made the post so I never have to write it all again, I can just link back to it.

Here's that discussion.

·
Registered
140 Posts
:bowing:

I learned a lot from that post. Thanks!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Worst kind of noob, learn some manners. I would help since I’ve done it but man o man you are disrespectful. Good day to you ser.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts