Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Sorry for starting the 19th thread on full exhausts, tuning etc etc...

I've just treated myself to a few well-deserved mods for my Ninja 300.
Bought the following:

• M4 full exhaust
  • BMC air filter
  • Power Commander 5
Before I get flamed for not buying the Area P micro tuner, I have nothing against it. In-fact, I was about to buy it when I realised that the $55 shipping cost is the same as getting a PCV shipped at the same time as my exhaust (through BIOHAZARD).

Arriving to my query. I'm interested in finding out if the Area P maps are compatible with my PCV (considering they're both dynojet?)

I know a few guys here have the M4 exhaust, filter and snorkel remove (which I plan on doing too). Can you guys send me your maps pretty please? Full dyno tune is going to cost around $350 and I'd like to see what numbers I can get with an "off the shelf" map.

Thanks

·
Registered
4,130 Posts
Hi all,

Sorry for starting the 19th thread on full exhausts, tuning etc etc...

I've just treated myself to a few well-deserved mods for my Ninja 300.
Bought the following:

• M4 full exhaust
  • BMC air filter
  • Power Commander 5
Before I get flamed for not buying the Area P micro tuner, I have nothing against it. In-fact, I was about to buy it when I realised that the $55 shipping cost is the same as getting a PCV shipped at the same time as my exhaust (through BIOHAZARD).

Arriving to my query. I'm interested in finding out if the Area P maps are compatible with my PCV (considering they're both dynojet?)

I know a few guys here have the M4 exhaust, filter and snorkel remove (which I plan on doing too). Can you guys send me your maps pretty please? Full dyno tune is going to cost around $350 and I'd like to see what numbers I can get with an "off the shelf" map.

Thanks
So you didnt want to spend an extra 55 shipping but 350 on a dyno tune is ok? Confusing.

But yes the maps are compatable, and you will love the difference these mods make to your bike. Good luck with the tuner install, are you gonna do it yourself? There are some really good write-ups on here to help if you need it and dont be afraid to ask either as many members including myself needed some advice when doing so.

·
Registered
813 Posts
Just wondering if you need a dynotune if you buy one of these pcv thingys? I have never had one before. All of it together seems rather pricey

·
Registered
4,130 Posts
Just wondering if you need a dynotune if you buy one of these pcv thingys? I have never had one before. All of it together seems rather pricey
No is not essential, but usually the way to go with the PC-V to make full use of the ignition timing control. There are maps readily available for the Ninja 300 though using the PC-V, so dyno tuning really isnt required unless your trying to squeeze every last bit from it.

·
Registered
813 Posts
No is not essential, but usually the way to go with the PC-V to make full use of the ignition timing control. There are maps readily available for the Ninja 300 though using the PC-V, so dyno tuning really isnt required unless your trying to squeeze every last bit from it.
I see.... so you can just install it and ride? these maps do they get transferred from a pc? all so confusing :rolleyes:

·
Registered
4,130 Posts
I see.... so you can just install it and ride? these maps do they get transferred from a pc? all so confusing :rolleyes:
Yep you can have the map pre loaded from the supplier to suit your mods so you just plug and play. And then if you need another upgrade to your map later, you just hook up your PC or laptop and load the new map into your unit via a USB cable. Just like hooking up your ipod, seeing what tunes are on there and loading new ones. Easy as pie.

·
Registered
813 Posts
Yep you can have the map pre loaded from the supplier to suit your mods so you just plug and play. And then if you need another upgrade to your map later, you just hook up your PC or laptop and load the new map into your unit via a USB cable. Just like hooking up your ipod, seeing what tunes are on there and loading new ones. Easy as pie.
oh... sounds easy. Thanks :D

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So you didnt want to spend an extra 55 shipping but 350 on a dyno tune is ok? Confusing.

But yes the maps are compatable, and you will love the difference these mods make to your bike. Good luck with the tuner install, are you gonna do it yourself? There are some really good write-ups on here to help if you need it and dont be afraid to ask either as many members including myself needed some advice when doing so.
$350 on a dyno tune isn't ok, hence me asking if the maps are compatible. I'm planning on installing it myself and was hoping to just download some maps for the full M4 system in lieu of the dyno tune. Exhaust is being installed by my mechanic.

If anyone has the maps, area p or otherwise, I'd appreciate it!

·
Super Moderator
1,075 Posts
how long does a tune with pcv usually take? local tuner shop charges 50 bucks an hour for tuning and is a highly recommended by the ohio riders forum community.

er.. wait, their site is confusing

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
how long does a tune with pcv usually take? local tuner shop charges 50 bucks an hour for tuning and is a highly recommended by the ohio riders forum community.

er.. wait, their site is confusing
3.5hrs at $100AUD/hr.
Pretty pricey, might just see what other people's maps can do for me. The mechanic wants to dyno it before and after to see what numbers the bike pulls (free out of his own interest). I'll post dyno graphs when it's all done in a few weeks.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts