Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I'm really thinking about getting a 300, decided to join on here to get educated and answer some questions I have I'll start with the first one. How close to MSRP should you expect to pay at a dealership? I understand destination charges and that being in hawaii is going to up that but $6700 pre tax and registration for a non abs se? Seems excessive or is that just how dealers are?

·
Registered
162 Posts
Wow! That's high, got my SE abs for $6500 out the door but I'm here in California. I don't think there should be a big difference.

·
Registered
958 Posts
You shouldn't have to pay more that MSRP, but the additional charges differ depending on the dealer. All dealer's have destination charges they pass on to you (in California it's $400) some jack this rate up. Also some dealers charge "set-up" fees, this is total B.S. It's basically for taking the bike out of the crate and bolting on the mirrors, you shouldn't have to pay this. The rest is the tax and registration fee (obviously you have to pay these). I have an SE ABS model in Ca, and paid $6490 out the door.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah they we're telling me the se and the regular are like 500-600 difference in price I don't think I'm gonna talk to them they were telling my buddy it was gonna be $15,000 OTD for a harley 48. Which MSRP's around 10 or 11.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That was pre tax and registration $6700 so essentially they are charging $1900 for shipping when it's only $800 to personally ship a bike to or from here.

·
Registered
215 Posts
I thinkt that that price is over the top for the model they want. Maybe an SE ABS would make sense. If I were you I would try to at least get under 6K.

·
Registered
958 Posts
The base model is $4800 and the SE is $5500. I paid 5500+400(destination)+590 tax & registration. The tax and registration varies depending on where you live.

·
Registered
958 Posts
se is 4999 according to kawi, I don't want ABS.
Yes, that's right, 5000 for the black and green paint scheme without ABS. Dealers don't change the MSR usually, but different ones have different destination and set-up fees, so shop around.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Agree, shop around bro. And sum up all the prices from different stealership. They will compete with each other to earn your business and go from there.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Too bad there's only 2 on the island, ill have to go check out the other dealership some other time not to fond of the one we checked out first I was looking at the 300s and the guy proceeded to trying to sell me a 7999 msrp Harley for 10,000 he was like well you could do "80 month financing to keep the payments down" 7 years of payments on a bike no thanks.

·
Registered
295 Posts
I've been out to Hawaii before. Almost everything that is imported from the mainland is super expensive out there. Vehicles tend to have the highest markups I've seen.

I think the best you will be able to do is the Costco deal. I typed in a hawaii zipcode on this address: https://www.costcoauto.com/enterzipcode.aspx?gotourl=/kawasaki/lifestyle/street_motorcycle.aspx

and see that the Ninja 300 is actually listed in the area as available through the Costco program. (not sure if your dealers are participating or not...)

Essentially with the program you should pay $150 over MSRP, Taxes, Title and Registration. The delivery fees and setup fees are waved and you get a $250 costco cash card for use in their store.

I can't gaurentee that the dealers are onboard with the program but you could perhaps mention that your a costco member and that you don't have your card next time you go shopping and ask if the bike is included in the program. At least that way you could find out without having to fork over $55 for a membership.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts