Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So this morning, riding to school on I75 (somewhat high rate of speed) some lady doing her makeup cut into my lane and I was literally, 2-3 inches from her door and it almost hit my mirror. I was infuriated at her driving and felt like kicking her door or popping her window. I didnt, just sped up and gave her a "friendly" wave from the front.

So, my question is, how many of you guys would have been not so friendly and could I get in trouble for kicking her door or something like that. I mean, the lady was a few inches from sending me over the rail on the right and into a freaking death trap!!!!

Opinions?

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Not to condone road rage, but I would've punched the mirror.

If she reports you and says you intentionally hit it, where's her proof? You were riding and your armor hit and damaged her car. It happened cause she veered into your lane, that happened cause she was applying make up. Now that you think about it...she was busy doing anything but driving and paying attention that you or the cops cannot believe what she says.

Get it?

·
Registered
92 Posts
Yeah, I wouldn't pick a fight with a car. You never know how the person might react, and even the weakest/dumbest looking driver can still kill you with a 3000 pound machine.

-THE DON

·
Registered
292 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Yeah, I wouldn't pick a fight with a car. You never know how the person might react, and even the weakest/dumbest looking driver can still kill you with a 3000 pound machine.

-THE DON
+1, reminds me of this post:
When riding in NC on my normal work route I had a female driver speed up to cut me off when the road went from 2 lanes to one; she was several car lengths behind me when the lanes merged but floored it get ahead of me. Nearly taking me out in the process. Not happy I put my highs on behind her the single lane we were traveling and she pulled over to the emergency lane and stopped.

The stupid part was I stopped behind her to her a good tongue lashing. After I said my piece and started back to my bike she got out and started yelling, "No you didn't!! You don't know me! I'm a crazy bitch!!". She popped the trunk and pulled out a sawed off shotgun :eek:

By then cars stopped on the main road and she looked at them and put the gun back into the trunk. I left with her standing in the roadway thinking "Man, I really dodged a bullet!"

The next day I holstered my .45 on the outside of my riding jacket when going back and forth to work and never and another case of road rage from a driver. Go figure.

·
Track Whore
675 Posts
I know it's not the right answer, but I have knuckle rapped a few windows. Not hard. Just more of a back handed hello. It usually gets a "deer in the headlights" response. I usually try to stick to the track. Especially since most drivers look like a deer in the headlights all the time.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
165 Posts
So this morning, riding to school on I75 (somewhat high rate of speed) some lady doing her makeup cut into my lane and I was literally, 2-3 inches from her door and it almost hit my mirror. I was infuriated at her driving and felt like kicking her door or popping her window. I didnt, just sped up and gave her a "friendly" wave from the front.

So, my question is, how many of you guys would have been not so friendly and could I get in trouble for kicking her door or something like that. I mean, the lady was a few inches from sending me over the rail on the right and into a freaking death trap!!!!

Opinions?
"somewhat high rate of speed"
Does going 100 MPH in a 50 zone mean every other driver should automatically give you twice as much lane in front of your bike, or they are "pulling into my lane".

The secret to longevity while operating a motorcycle is to understand that when you depend on another driver to do everything correctly.

You are already dead.

All it takes is one (percieved by you) "mistake" by another driver and your life will never be the same.

You come blasting up to pass me in a 45 zone and you're doing 90. Then you get pissed because I have "pulled" into your lane when, had you been going the speed limit, it would not even have been close. Then you kick my door in since I am the "moron who invaded your space". You better be glad I am a fairly sane person, instead of a whack job who pulls out his H&K P7 and blasts you to kingdom come.

If you want to survive you have to put your ego and agressive tendencies in the coat closet at home when you ride a bike. You have to plan on someone rear ending you and do everything you can to prevent THEIR stupidity from ending YOUR life. I can guarantee you, you will find a never ending plethora of stupidity, unless there is no other vehicle on the road.

I'll probably get slammed for this post and is so, so be it. If one new rider takes heed of this warning and learns truly defensive riding, then the life saved will be worth the flack.

regards
Mech

·
Registered
23 Posts
"somewhat high rate of speed"
Does going 100 MPH in a 50 zone mean every other driver should automatically give you twice as much lane in front of your bike, or they are "pulling into my lane".

The secret to longevity while operating a motorcycle is to understand that when you depend on another driver to do everything correctly.

You are already dead.

All it takes is one (percieved by you) "mistake" by another driver and your life will never be the same.

You come blasting up to pass me in a 45 zone and you're doing 90. Then you get pissed because I have "pulled" into your lane when, had you been going the speed limit, it would not even have been close. Then you kick my door in since I am the "moron who invaded your space". You better be glad I am a fairly sane person, instead of a whack job who pulls out his H&K P7 and blasts you to kingdom come.

If you want to survive you have to put your ego and agressive tendencies in the coat closet at home when you ride a bike. You have to plan on someone rear ending you and do everything you can to prevent THEIR stupidity from ending YOUR life. I can guarantee you, you will find a never ending plethora of stupidity, unless there is no other vehicle on the road.

I'll probably get slammed for this post and is so, so be it. If one new rider takes heed of this warning and learns truly defensive riding, then the life saved will be worth the flack.

regards
Mech
Yes, this! Don't give any car the opportunity to kill you. The moment you put trust in a car to do the right thing you're in dangerous territory. If a car comes too close, don't focus on the car, focus on what you could have done to avoid that car getting close in the first place. It's easier said than done, but the right strategies help. Sometimes it means can't speed past slow traffic because you won't be able to stop in time if someone pulls out. Sometimes you have to wait for space to open up in order to to pass a car even though it means you driving ridiculously slow for a while. Punching/kicking other cars is not a strategy that will save your life and it probably won't teach the driver anything except that motorcyclists are assholes.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Not in my experience. I see just as many oldies giving a bit of road rage as the young ones. Age is no barrier to stupidity.
Age also isn't a sign of maturity neither. I know I would want to kick in that guys door too, would really just depend on the mood I am in I guess...I am pretty level headed 95% of the time though.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts