Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently joined the thread and was shocked on the otd price for this bike.
Otd it would cost me $6595.00CAD :banghead:
If I wait untill fall/winter of 2013 (when the dealership gets the 2014's) will it be cheaper? Significantly?
Thanks Guys! :D

·
Registered
865 Posts
Only sometimes, depends on the dealer.. dealers near me wont leave MSRP even if its 2 years old.. for some reason... they all are a bunch of robbers... but usually you'll get maybe 500 or 800 off msrp right before the next year model ends come out.

Waiting a year for a few hundred bucks seems stupid to me lol thats my opinions =D

Reactions: Sebi

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The problem is I can only get my M1 Licence in February as thats when I turn 16...
Then over the summer I'd get a job to save money
I was curious to see how and if the price fluctuates in a year but probably, like you said, it depends on the dealer...

·
Registered
594 Posts
This will be a hot selling bike for awhile. I doubt the price will come off msrp for quite some time.
If you're saving up until late next year, you may get lucky, and find a lightly used one for less, late next summer.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Only sometimes, depends on the dealer.. dealers near me wont leave MSRP even if its 2 years old.. for some reason... they all are a bunch of robbers... but usually you'll get maybe 500 or 800 off msrp right before the next year model ends come out.

Waiting a year for a few hundred bucks seems stupid to me lol thats my opinions =D
Agreed!

I've already gotten my few hundred bucks worth of fun and mines only a few weeks old'

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
This will be a hot selling bike for awhile. I doubt the price will come off msrp for quite some time.
If you're saving up until late next year, you may get lucky, and find a lightly used one for less, late next summer.

Would it be worth getting used?
From my understading the break in period is important...
If the person fcked it up :(

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Hey Sebi,

For your age, I'd suggest buying used. Personally I know I made plenty of little mistakes when new on the road, and 4 wheels is a lot more forgiving than 2, so I never had an incident.

However, with only 2 wheels and less experience with predicting the behavior of traffic, you will be very upset to drop a new bike like the 300. For the sake of your wallet, and insurance charges, go with a used 08-12 250. Ride it for 2 seasons, and then decide from there.

For insurance, StateFarm will likely give you the best quote for your area considering your age. Many wont even consider you because of your age.

But if you have your heart set on a 300, I know of at least one dealer in Ontario that will give you an OTD price of MSRP + licensing + Tax. So potentially as low as 6100ish CAD. Judging from your photo, I see you've been to Kahuna Powersports in Toronto. They get a lot of sales volume due to their prime location. They will charge freight and assembly/inspection + admin fees. Why? Because they can.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hey Sebi,

For your age, I'd suggest buying used. Personally I know I made plenty of little mistakes when new on the road, and 4 wheels is a lot more forgiving than 2, so I never had an incident.

However, with only 2 wheels and less experience with predicting the behavior of traffic, you will be very upset to drop a new bike like the 300. For the sake of your wallet, and insurance charges, go with a used 08-12 250. Ride it for 2 seasons, and then decide from there.

For insurance, StateFarm will likely give you the best quote for your area considering your age. Many wont even consider you because of your age.

But if you have your heart set on a 300, I know of at least one dealer in Ontario that will give you an OTD price of MSRP + licensing + Tax. So potentially as low as 6100ish CAD
What dealer whould that be? I got quoted 6600 OTD

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hey Sebi,

But if you have your heart set on a 300, I know of at least one dealer in Ontario that will give you an OTD price of MSRP + licensing + Tax. So potentially as low as 6100ish CAD. Judging from your photo, I see you've been to Kahuna Powersports in Toronto. They get a lot of sales volume due to their prime location. They will charge freight and assembly/inspection + admin fees. Why? Because they can.
Ill definetly shop around when the time comes...
Gotta get a good summer job :)
I got 2000 so far from various jobs around my city :D

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Nah, but I know someone who was. I dropped by a few days later to avoid the crowds and had some private time with a ninjette away from prying eyes ;)
Nice! Wonder when they'll get the green one :confused:

Such a shame... The person who won it wont ride the bike a day in her life...
If you want google
Ninja 300 kahuna
And click on the gtamotorcycles link (1st one)

Check out the picture and judge for yourself :(

·
Registered
728 Posts
Recently joined the thread and was shocked on the otd price for this bike.
Otd it would cost me $6595.00CAD :banghead:
If I wait untill fall/winter of 2013 (when the dealership gets the 2014's) will it be cheaper? Significantly?
Thanks Guys! :D
Is this price for ABS or non-ABS model?

1 - 20 of 50 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.