Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello riders,

I looked through the 3 pages of cleaning and detailing, and I see a lot of post but nothing I think hits the nail on the head for preventative coating sprays. I want to bring my bike out soon, and even after a rain or two the roads still have powdered salt and debris, not as in the roads are white, but you know that crap is still on the sides and the cars are kicking it up and off themselves. I'm more worried about salt. Has anyone here used a product that works for both metal and plastic that can be applied as an aerosol to prevent this crap from sticking? Not WD-40 :). I'm thinking of a product along the lines like NEVER WET from Rustoleum that makes the crud slide off before adhering. I'm open to suggestions. I know washing is best practice and waxing. I just want that added level of protection. My bike has 20 miles on it and I want it to look somewhat new in 5,10, hell 20 years :). I'm trying to get the break in period done this next couple of weeks on the back roads and to my work, only literally 5 miles away. I want to ride on my lunch breaks as well.
Personal experiences with products please. And if you can get it locally, or is it stuff that ships from overseas / companies. I'll even take life hacks :). My Vstar was very durable, only had chrome pipes everything else was blacked out, much nicer looking and easier to clean a none chrome bike. My Ninja is the winter test edition "I KNOW MATTE FINISH" but I have to say I like the looks. I guess another issue is my Vstar was a pretty open bike, lots of stuff is hidden with the Ninja plastic, do you guys remove the fenders every so often and clean it up? Again all stories tales and other would be appreciated. I want to ride but I also want to take care of my little guy lol.

Or if you give me the quick answer of NO don't ride until 100 percent rain cleaned roads I understand. Wisconsin riding season is very short "especially with this wonderful global warming this year"

Thank you

·
Registered
140 Posts
Clear Plasti-dip?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts