Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone seen a PC for the 300 floating around yet?
Its my next upgrade and ive only found one place in the UK but the shipping is ridiculous.. :(

·
Registered
13 Posts
We have looked at this model. You can use the 250 unit (part #17-001) on the 300. This is fuel adjustment only. You can also use 17-035 which is fuel and timing adjustment, but the coil leads are really long. We are making a new harness that fits better which is why it says coming soon on the site.

·
Registered
2,760 Posts
That what I would assume to, but it was not mentioned one way or another..

I dont plan on getting one for while so either way, but something I have learned from my forum mod experience, that if the info is not posted 10 people will ask for it, if the info is posted only 8 people will ask for it haha :)

·
Registered
2,760 Posts
DynoJet you say 17-001 works for fuel and and 17-035 works for fuel and timing. But your redesigning the coil wires.. That would only effect the 17-035 correct? So will the 17-001 be the finished product for the 300 or will it be slightly modded as well?

Are you guys able to comment on how much gain can be had from playing with the timing on this engine is it negligible or is it very noticeable?

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
HardRacing has PC listed for the 300, are these just for the 250?
They are the PVC model, with or without Ignition adjustment.

·
Premium Member
1,072 Posts
HardRacing has PC listed for the 300, are these just for the 250?
They are the PVC model, with or without Ignition adjustment.

17-001 is PCV For EX250 (Euro Model) '09-'11 Retail $380
17-035 is PCV Incl Ign Adj for EX250 (Euro Model) '09-'11 Retail $420

17-001 EX300 '13-'14 PC V Retail $380
17-035 EX300 '13-'14 PCV Incl Ign Adj Retail $420

Both Models fit up and work on the EX300.
As DJ stated, your going to want to use a EX300 Specific Map for best results.

We have sold quite a few, and no issues.

·
Registered
958 Posts
I need to throw a totally newbie question out there, but what exactly is a Power Commander and what do they do? I assume they make your bike faster? And just more awesome in general? Do they have any drawbacks? Do they void the warranty? I'm guessing that it is an electronic device that control's the fuel injection? I drive a muscle car (with an actual carburetor) so I'm not too up in the latest in electronics for going fast. Thanks

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I need to throw a totally newbie question out there, but what exactly is a Power Commander and what do they do? I assume they make your bike faster? And just more awesome in general? Do they have any drawbacks? Do they void the warranty? I'm guessing that it is an electronic device that control's the fuel injection? I drive a muscle car (with an actual carburetor) so I'm not too up in the latest in electronics for going fast. Thanks
Good question
It's basically a piggy bag Ecu with tuning adjustment and loadable maps, lets you extract the most HP from your bike by tinkering with things like timing and a/f ratio. You really don't need one unless you plan on adding an exhaust and air filter but after there added, money well spent IMO.

As soon as you remove the PC which are basically plug and play the stock Ecu reverts back to the base fuel map so as far as the dealership knows you were never running a different ECU

So yeah just more awesome in general :)

·
Registered
958 Posts
Good question
It's basically a piggy bag Ecu with tuning adjustment and loadable maps, lets you extract the most HP from your bike by tinkering with things like timing and a/f ratio. You really don't need one unless you plan on adding an exhaust and air filter but after there added, money well spent IMO.

As soon as you remove the PC which are basically plug and play the stock Ecu reverts back to the base fuel map so as far as the dealership knows you were never running a different ECU

So yeah just more awesome in general :)
So if you add an exhaust and air filter, it will adjust the timing and fuel mixture to optimize these new parts? And are they easy to program? As in they have a few different settings like economy, race, whatever? So I'm not just guessing while my bike runs worse every time?

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
You can buy them with pre loaded maps to suit whatever mods you have or purchase the optional auto tune that does exactly what the name suggests and tunes to suit current fuel being used.

I'm not sure about tuneability in your area, but in melbourne there's a couple of guys who know what there doing. Pretty sure it would be the same where you are just gotta look!

·
Registered
958 Posts
You can buy them with pre loaded maps to suit whatever mods you have or purchase the optional auto tune that does exactly what the name suggests and tunes to suit current fuel being used.

I'm not sure about tuneability in your area, but in melbourne there's a couple of guys who know what there doing. Pretty sure it would be the same where you are just gotta look!
Thanks for the info unrest, I'll definitely have to look into getting one of these :cool:

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.