Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
I was almost disappointed in my PCV, after installing it I only felt as though it made the bike sound different.
When I first connected my PCV to the computer it couldn't read or send a map to the PCV.
But I fixed my issue and the bike runs great now and pulls just a little bit harder, enough to feel the difference. I can mostly feel it in 1st and 2nd gear but it definitely still pulls harder on the highway.

Anyway, to everyone with their power commander V I suggest getting the most recent version of their software and updating the firmware, connecting it to your computer then reinstalling the map and also calibrating the throttle position.

My throttle was reading 25% when at rest and 100% when it was rotated about 95%

I'm running a stock bike with 15t front sprocket and PCV.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
I was almost disappointed in my PCV, after installing it I only felt as though it made the bike sound different.
When I first connected my PCV to the computer it couldn't read or send a map to the PCV.
But I fixed my issue and the bike runs great now and pulls just a little bit harder, enough to feel the difference. I can mostly feel it in 1st and 2nd gear but it definitely still pulls harder on the highway.

Anyway, to everyone with their power commander V I suggest getting the most recent version of their software and updating the firmware, connecting it to your computer then reinstalling the map and also calibrating the throttle position.

My throttle was reading 25% when at rest and 100% when it was rotated about 95%

I'm running a stock bike with 15t front sprocket and PCV.
Didn't know you could update the firmware. Also how do you calibrate the throttle position?

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Didn't know you could update the firmware. Also how do you calibrate the throttle position?

Plug into your bikes PCV, Open your PCV software, click drop down menu "power commander tools" > "calibrate" > "throttle position".
With the throttle calibrate window open look at the position sensor voltage, there is an arrow on either side. With the throttle at rest click the left arrow to set the minimum voltage, then open the throttle all the way and click the right arrow to set the maximum voltage.
Check the throttle open and closed again.
*Your bike doesn't have to be running to do this.

I recommend updating the firmware first, you can download it from the PCV website then choose the "update firmware" option from "power commander tools" drop down menu.
*save your map or download a new one beforehand so you have something to put back in.

·
Premium Member
12,371 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i love my PC5 with K&N & 2 bro's slipon. made a huge difference after the pc5 fitted. rode it for about 2 months before the pc5 was fitted
I'm getting the Yoshi full system as soon as the bank re-fills itself ;)
Bike feels a lot better now either way, I might put the 14t sprocket back on just to give it back some more torque seeing as how I don't do nearly as many highway miles as I thought I would.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What setup do you have? Maybe you can upload your map for others to use.
Also there are some other calibrations on the PCV that you can only do while on the dyno, see if they'll do those for you first.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Like have the timing advanced and tuned to run premium gas? :D

Mods:
15t CS
K&N drop-in filter
M4 Carbon FS
PCV
The timing is already advanced slightly in the higher RPMs if you look at your map. Not sure if running premium while tuning will do anything but why not try? heheh.
It looks as though it senses what gear you're in by comparing RPMs with indicated speed, perhaps adjusting the parameters will help with your 15t CS? Maybe they can even zero in your actual speed with indicated speed somehow. That would awesome.
Don't forget to update your software/hardware before you go, no use in having old technology!

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Instruction say to have the bike on when you do the throttle calibrations.
On or running? It doesn't work with the bike off but I saw no difference with the bike running, plus you shouldn't race the bike in neutral

·
Registered
34 Posts
alright just got the pcv in mail... i alrdy have installed 15t, yoshimura full exhuast , k&n filter....so i should install the commander on bike first then hook it up to laptop while bike ignition is on? then adjust throttle? and download map from the site and up load it to the bike and that should be it? ?

·
Premium Member
12,371 Posts
the PC5 is shipped with a stock map for the n-3. fit the PC5 to bike then power it up, connect laptop to it & upload map. Done

as for the throttle calibration i thought there was a notification on the software that says it should only be done if the bike was on a dyno , i might be wrong i havent touched the s/w for months, but just double check it

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
So AdamJH you think its worth the expense to buy a PCV even if you haven't done anything to the exhaust system?

·
Premium Member
12,371 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
So AdamJH you think its worth the expense to buy a PCV even if you haven't done anything to the exhaust system?
Even without any other upgrades the PCV adds a bit of power on its own.
I'm happy with it.

·
Registered
652 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Resurrecting this as I cannot for the life of me find an answer.

To calibrate the throttle.

Can it be done without the bike running? As in the key in the ignition and turned on.

Also, does the bike need to be on a dyno or left on it's stand is fine?

Thanks

1 - 20 of 28 Posts