Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
on Wednesday 6th march my local dealer who i bought my 300 from fitted my power commander 5 to my bike as i ordered it with the bike 2 weeks before xmas 2012.

there was a delay in obtaining the PC5 thru the local Australia distributor serco

http://serco.com.au/

the reason it was held up was cos they had to send out an o2 sensor plug with it as seen here

http://www.powercommander.com/powercommander/powercommanders.aspx?mk=27&mdl=445&yr=2013&pc=17-046&mk-n=Kawasaki&mdl-n=EX300&pc-ver=PCV&add-mdlyrid=17-046&add-mdlyrid2=17-046&fullstr=17-046&prod-type=Powercommander V (Fuel and Ignition)

the part number is 76423007

what your supposed to do is unplug the o2 sensor from the exhaust and plug this plug into it to help make the PC5 run.

however

i have had a good look all over the bike exhaust & i cant find the o2 sensor on the exhaust, but i can see a few flat spots on the exhaust where the holes are supposed to be for the o2 sensor.

So if this is the case & the Aussie bike doesnt have the 02 sensor, then does this mean the Aussie bike and the USA bike are the same?

My dealer plugged the o2 sensor plug that came with the power commander under the seat to the white plug near the tool kit.i have no idea where that cable goes to i might have to pull my bike appart on the weekend and see what that cable does.

does the usa bikes have a small 4 pin plug under the pillion seat like the aussie bike? what does it do?

apparently the Euro bike has the o2 sensor in the exhaust, but it sure as heck look like the Aussie bike doesnt.

Feel free to chime in and let me know what country you live in and weather or not you have an o2 sensor in your exhaust. im curious.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Interesting... Not sure the sensor goes in the exaust, because if you change the exaust for a full system, shouldn't we aussie's have an O2 sensor fault?

·
Premium Member
12,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the aussie bikes dont get an o2 sensor fault when we swap the exhaust full a full system, i have asked another member of this forum that who has done this already

·
Premium Member
12,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i just had a thought. if anyone is looking for a little research to do in to this bike, check out and see if there is 2 versions in the USA. one just for california & one for outside california.

the reason i say this is in 1998 when honda imported the vfr800 (interceptor) to australia they had 2 models, one for california & one outside of california. the california one is the one they imported to australia, and im curious to see if kawasaki have done the same thing

·
Registered
4,130 Posts
the aussie bikes dont get an o2 sensor fault when we swap the exhaust full a full system, i have asked another member of this forum that who has done this already
Correct, the stock bikes when changing the exhaust to a full do not get an O2 sensor fault as we dont have an O2 sensor on the bike, Yay!!!! :D:D:D

Although it would have made tuning a little easier knowing your AFR.....:(

I have had many comments from people that have watched a vid I posted saying the same thing.........nice exhaust man but now you got the check engine light on your dash.

Sometimes it takes a whole lotta convincing to get them to understand that it is just the ABS light. :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
12,371 Posts

·
Registered
4,130 Posts
So i wonder if Dynojet USA is going to let their Aussie Distributor Serco know to stop sending out the o2 sensors or not?
Seems weird that DynoJet USA would even include them as the US bikes dont have the O2 sensor from factory either..........maybe they just chucked em in to cover all bases, I cant imagine they would be worth much to them anyway.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts