Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Im new to the website, only took me about a hour to figure out how to make a post haha.. anyways iv used it for the site since I got my bike (two months and 1800 miles ago) but this is the first thing YouTube hasn't been able to help me with. Any help would be greatly appreciated and I will post pictures of the bike tomorrow iv been working on it so long today im too tired tonight.

So its a all black 2014 Ninja 300 with ABS. Full Two Carbon Fiber Two Brothers exhaust, K&N air filter, and now the Power Commander FC. I choose that one just because I wasn't sure I would utilize the benefits of the Power Commander V. So set up has been mostly easy, download app, down load maps for my bike with this exhaust and air filter, plug it in and download right. But there are some settings in the programming that i'm not familiar with and do not set themselves up like I was hoping. Such as:

First Even if we cant answer any of the questions below my biggest question is after I have downloaded the maps for my bike, exhaust, and air filter what do I do with the dials on the thing itself? Do i just leave them how I got it and its over rided because I downloaded specific maps or do I need to adjust them? EX.. Four turning knobs Base, Low, Med, HIgh. Now i know they are to adjust the fuel but didnt the program already do that for me? This is my biggest question and thank you to anyone who can reply!

Other Confusion:

Under the tab Enviorment Options
*Table Cell Tracer, gives option to select a box that says Enabled, then under it you can type what it says is the "Duration, in seconds"

Under the tab Map tools
Basic/Advanced- now i choose advanced here because their downloadable map did it all for me, it seperated the two cylenders into their own category. Basic had them together. So pretty sure thats right.

Then under the same Map tools there is a RPM Resolution option and it is either 250 or 500. When I go into it 250 is selected.. Is that where I should leave it?

Under the tab Device TOols
*Calibrate Throttle, when you click this it looks like your changing voltage. To be specific it is a bar that looks like its started at 0.00 but says Minimum Voltage 1.076 at the other end Maximum voltage 4.306. Im just not sure what to do with this, im Ok with leaving it just figured someone knew what it did, their website is awful for explaining this and I have searched the web for atleast three hours for these answers..

I owe you if you took the time to read and reply to any of my questions. I have figured out some things myself installing all this and will gladly help others! :)

Alex
Sandusky Ohio

·
Registered
221 Posts
Leave the dials where they are; they're incremental adjusters for fueling in the low/middle/top RPM ranges; there's no need to alter them unless you're sure of what you're doing.

RPM resolution is just the plot step size on the graph; it is a visual aid, nothing to do with performance.

Calibrate throttle is useful if you think it might be out on your bike; google this, there's loads of info on how to do it. The PC reads the output on your throttle position sensor, from closed to wide open (which is why you connect it during install).

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Unfortuantly all I can find is information on Calibrating the Throttle with the full power commander v, with i didnt get bc i knew i would never own the screen.. and now im wishing i just got it so im not hitting is issue now. I want to install badly!

lmao!

thanks for the help!!

Alex Bores
Sandusky ohio

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This is the answers I got from the company, they are bad ass same day answer's to a million questions!!

You can load up to 10 maps into the device. The Base potentiometer selects which of the 10 possible maps loaded in the unit from the software the device will actually use.

The Low, Mid, and High potentiometers will add/subtract fuel (up to +/-10%) over/under the loaded and selected map globally to low, mid, or high RPM ranges. If you want the map to run exactly as it was originally intended, these potentiometers should be left at the zero (0) mark.

The Table Cell Tracer will highlight the RPM/Throttle Position cell that you are currently running in on the fuel table of the software in real time. The “Duration” is how long that cell will stay highlighted after passing through it.

Under Map Tools -> Advance/Demote map you can choose to change the map file to a Basic or Cylinder Advanced map file. A Basic map file uses the same fuel table for all cylinders. A Cylinder Advanced map file uses separate fuel tables for each cylinder. The RPM resolution of the map file can have steps of 250 or 500 RPM adjustment increments. Unless you are building your own custom map files, you should not need to change these settings. You should leave these settings as they are if using the downloaded predeveloped map files.

The fuel is “mapped” based on RPM vs. Throttle Position. The vehicle’s Throttle Position Sensor signal might need to be calibrated in the device such that the device knows the throttle is at 0% when fully closed and at 100% when fully open. The minimum voltage is the signal voltage at closed throttle. The maximum voltage is the signal voltage at wide open throttle. If you feel that you need to recalibrate, you can just click Reset while at a fully warmed up idle. Then quickly snap the throttle wide-open and quickly release. Then click OK. The software will automatically record the new minimum and maximum voltage settings.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Regards,

Chris Kelly

1 - 4 of 4 Posts