Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

Post Pictures of Your Plasti-Dip Work

280K views 475 replies 154 participants last post by  andrew025 
#1 ·
Been getting a lot of people asking me what I used and how I got my stock exhaust heat shields flat black. I scuff it up with a red 3M scuff pad, cleaned it up with wax and grease remover and applied 5 wet coats of Plasti-Dip.

This is the end result:

If you've done any Plast-Dip work on your bike; post it up.

See less See more
#2 ·
Looks great!

How much have you ran it since its been plasti dipped?
Not worried about it and the heat?

#3 ·
Thanks! No problem with heat at all. Ran it for about 3 days now.

#5 ·
I saw yours! Looks great. Dip is good. Love the removal options.

#6 ·
interesting.... hmm.. now that i've seen your heat shield black... I kinda like it... but I like the silver... hmm..

this may be a mod I do in the future... lol

looks slick!

#8 ·
Sick job icon1k.

#10 ·
No prob. Got to do mine soon. Can't have you being the only one having a trip tone bike. I am doing chameleon.

Reactions: vaxa and -dondae-
#11 ·
yes im gonna do the side fairings under the passenger seats black aprobably tomorrow

#12 ·

Went back to Plasti-Dip windshield. Had to remove it due to a motorcycle cop not knowing the law and giving me a ticket.

#16 ·
^Only if you ride on them.

#18 ·
^ Clean!

#33 ·
Another good use for the black Plasti Dip is the mirror housing and stem. I'm always hitting something with my mirrors and they get marked up after a while. Go ahead and put the Plasti Dip on them while new and you might be able to keep yours from getting marked up to begin with. Either way, the finish is good before or after. Just a thought.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.