Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have been having the popping on decel issue since I installed a full yoshi, area-p tuner, and K&N panel air filter.

I have been reading and some say the snorkel delete will help while other say that the "kleene" air or clean air delete would fix.

Has anybody completely solved the popping sound? How did they managed?

Finally, do I have to change the map if I do either one, or both of the suggested mods?

Yes, I know I have been asking here and there a lot about this but I just want a final and conclusive solution.

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
12,371 Posts
to the best of my knowledge no one has completely solved the backfiring. you could try taking the bike & handing over some cash & get it setup on a dyno.

personally, i like the backfire, music to my ears

·
Banned
277 Posts
Cap off the smog system (Kleen air) and it will greatly reduce the popping.

·
Registered
292 Posts
http://www.amazon.com/Kawasaki-Ninja-Billet-Aluminum-Emission/dp/B00AOAEB6A

Take off the smog system and install this plate, same plate they use for the 250s and if you don't know where it goes, that amazon link has some good pictures of where to put it.

The popping is unspent fuel escaping the cylinders and igniting in the exhaust. The smog pump doesn't do anything but add weight without the cat installed, other than adding oxygen that makes the unspent fuel burn. Try enriching your idle speed to get all the fuel to burn before exiting.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
The popping sound can be taken care of by disabling the clean air system. It will deprive the fuel and heat of air in your exhaust. A tune can help, but upon deceleration the air will be cut off before the fuel. Their will always be some popping unless the clean air system is disabled. My gsxr spits flames upon shifting gears at higher rpm's. just part of having exhaust.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
108 Posts
The popping sound can be taken care of by disabling the clean air system. It will deprive the fuel and heat of air in your exhaust. A tune can help, but upon deceleration the air will be cut off before the fuel. Their will always be some popping unless the clean air system is disabled. My gsxr spits flames upon shifting gears at higher rpm's. just part of having exhaust.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
This would be so sexy to see.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts