12,371 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,371 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Letter typed up, printed out, signed, and in envelope with stamp attached, will deliver to nearest post office tomorrow to be sent

*sigh*

here goes letter number 2

i payed $8950 for my bike, so i still have 8948 more letters to write till i get my moneys worth / issues resolved / my bike brought up to my satisfaction level of 100%

·
Premium Member
12,371 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
i love the customer service, or lack there of now that i have bought the bike. shits me to tears.

oh well, only 8948 more letters to go
Should send those of us with the same issue a copy of your letter and we can just change the details.! :D Sounds like it may be a long and rough road. If it's any comfort, there are many other companies out there whose customer service is crap.... eg. Ford, Telstra. Maybe give Kawasaki a chance... it's only early days yet. It took Ford over 12 months (and a trip to the ACCC) to fix a leaking tailgate in my Territory that I Paid nearly $50k for.
Good luck and keep us posted.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Premium Member
12,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #49 (Edited)
Should send those of us with the same issue a copy of your letter and we can just change the details.!

i wont give you my exact letter, but i will give you a run down on what to write for a letter to kwaka about your fairing

first off you going to have to take the bike to the local kwaka dealer & show them the bike & let them fob you off & tell you there is nothing wrong with it.

make sure you remember their name & get the phone number & address of the dealer and the date/time

it wouldnt hurt to take some photos of the fairing issue as well and include it in your letter, i did

then use this as a *guide* this will hopefully get your creative juices flowing

To Kawasaki Head office
(open your owners manual)
(goto the back of the book)
(Find their address & then)
(put it here)

G'day ,

im the proud owner of a brand spanking new kawasaki ninja 300 that i have worked hard for and it is my pride and joy, thanks for inventing it.

I enjoy riding it and i will be keeping it for time and expect to put many thousands of kilometres on to it as i enjoy riding it

My bike VIN is :xxxxxxxx

Unfortunately though my enthusiasm for the bike was dwindled some what due to an issue i have with the fairing popping out

(insert photos here, the ones i said above to take)

as you can clearly see the fairing has popped out and that is not good.

I took it to my local dealer (insert dealer name here) and i spoke to (insert name of the person who fobbed you off here) and they told me (insert the wishy washy story they told you here) and i did this on (insert the date/time you saw them)

i believe kawasaki is aware there is an issue with this and i would like my bike to be fitted with replacement fairings to resolve this issue under warranty.

i would be more then willing to take the bike back to (insert dealer who fobbed you off here) for them to inspect my bike again and order the parts to fix this issue.

I look forward to your reply,

Yours Sincerely

(sign here)

put your name and address here

hope this helps

·
Premium Member
12,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
Time to break out the Champaign i think

At 4.45pm (16.45) this afternoon i had the workshop manager of our local Kwaka dealer call me and the Fairings have arrived

I laughed my heart out & i asked

mate are you serious, you got to be kidding me its only been 3 weeks i was expecting 3 months!

he said

im serious they have just arrived , i cant fit you in before thrusday next week so you tell me

I said

ok , made it monday 6th May and i will be there early to have it done

SORTED!!!

I might *FINALLY* have my bike sorted out.... maybe.... perhaps...

ya never know , i think it could be a definite , maybe, perhaps it *MIGHT* be right:cool:

·
Registered
993 Posts
LOL! Good deal, congrats, hope that it works....cause.... I just had a trip of 448 miles and guess what? my left fairing popped! Took a photo on my phone and when I get back will take it to the dealer. Now my trial is starting! ....sheesh...
I might use some tools here and try to get it to snug back up and see if it pops again on the way back home. Of course the dealer will probably attribute the fairing popping because i've painted it and removed it several times.....we shall see....

·
Registered
295 Posts
Nice outcome cruizin. Please keep us posted on how the new panels fit..and if they stay fitted.

Hopefully I will have the same outcome when it comes to my turn.

·
Premium Member
12,371 Posts

·
Registered
4,130 Posts
Is there a chance that the fairing may fly off or does it just create the gap

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
No the fairing is still held in by the screws, it will only come off if you remove a few other fairings plus the screws that hold it all together. So not much chance of that happening. It just has a gap where the tabs dont hold in properly.

Still notta gooda!!

·
Premium Member
12,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
just a quick update, the top of my fairing on the left side has no completely popped right out

you can clearly see the little clips that are on top of it that lock in are no where near long enough... *sigh* it will be a long 7 more sleeps before my bike goes in to get fixed. i will gab a photo in a few minutes to show you all

·
Premium Member
12,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
i dont think the photo does it justice, the clips from the side fairing are *JUST* on the edge of the black plastic that comes across the top, the ones with the arrows on it

Attachments

41 - 60 of 930 Posts