Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Premium Member
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

'Loud pipes save lives' and 'the louder it is the faster it is' are all phrases you’ve probably heard before, but for a lot of people – particularly the non-riding public – loud exhausts prove to be obnoxious. Which camp do you find yourself in?
Read more about the Poll: How Do You Feel About Loud Pipes? at Motorcycle.com.

· Premium Member
1,041 Posts
I have four motorcycles and two of them have aftermarket exhausts. I don't mind an exhaust that is a little louder than the stock exhaust but I cannot stand the riders who run open or really loud exhaust systems. Loud pipes don't save lives. Loud pipes push non riders over the edge and ensures that the general public looks at us in a negative light. You may have the right to run that straight through exhaust system on your motorcycle but the fact is, doing so might take some of your rights away from you in the end.
I had a Magna 750 that I bought that had a Cobra slash cut exhaust system on it. I rode it for about a month and decided that the Cobra system was pissing a lot of people off, including me. It was the first time in my life that I actually pulled an aftermarket exhaust system off my bike and replaced it with a stock system. It shows you that I actually practice what I preach.

· Registered
16 Posts
Loud no, louder for some yes. The ninja 300 for instance could use the sound of a good quality slip on. My other bikes I left stock and enjoyed the sound include my Tuono V4r, Monster S4R, and GSXR. My V4 Aprilia sounds so good even stock. I too went from a termi full system back to stock on my Ducati monster.

· Super Moderator
632 Posts
"Poll: How Do You Feel About Loud Pipes?"

Define "loud"!

The stock exhaust on a Ninja 300 sounded like a scooter to me, so I installed a Danmoto slip-on. That seemed a tad over-the-top, so I added the baffle to make it sound like a motorcycle, but without braking windows as I ride by...

Here's the audio comparisons:

https://youtu.be/Ps8VqVQygQE

· Administrator
3,468 Posts
I prefer it louder than the stock on the Ninja 300 - to me, the stock exhaust sounded like an angry bee and a sewing machine had an unfortunate love child. I currently have a Leo Vince CF Corsa GP slipon with the baffle removed. It's loud, but not obnoxiously loud.

· Registered
59 Posts
Bought my ninja 300 used, it came with a two bros slip on and at first I kinda liked the loudness of it, after a few rides I did not like it so much. Put a P1X sound reducer on it (also from two bros) and now it is still louder than stock but not too bad and I can live with it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.