Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,760 Posts
Not as a plug as play but if you mod it yes.. Look up flasher relays for the 250r. They have a 2 pin connector, not the style connector shown in the pic.

·
Registered
728 Posts

·
Registered
2,760 Posts
With the 250r two pin it should pretty much be plug in play in line right?

correct :)

Rather that ordering one and waiting a week to get it, I found it easier to just buy a universal one though, any 2 wire universal led relay will work..

·
Banned
1,717 Posts
Visit any auto parts store. I bought a CEC brand "electronic flasher" with a pn #EF32. Under $5. Plugged right in and cured my non flashing tiny rear bulbs.

It has a round body and no provision for attachment so I used the rubber bracket/fitting off the stocker, taped it on with a few rounds of elecrtical tape and slipped it on the stock bracket. Clean & easy.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Visit any auto parts store. I bought a CEC brand "electronic flasher" with a pn #EF32. Under $5. Plugged right in and cured my non flashing tiny rear bulbs.

It has a round body and no provision for attachment so I used the rubber bracket/fitting off the stocker, taped it on with a few rounds of elecrtical tape and slipped it on the stock bracket. Clean & easy.
Would you be able to tell me where the stock unit is located and how it's accessed? Do you have to take the bike apart to get to it?

·
Banned
1,717 Posts
Sure, you need to pull off the seat and the right side rear body panel. It is the only thing under there, rubber clamped in place.

·
Registered
2,760 Posts
Old3 does your relay "click" when its flashing? Mine is totally silent so sometimes I forget when my turn signal is on as its not very noticeable when the sun is shining on the gauge cluster..

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Old3 does your relay "click" when its flashing? Mine is totally silent so sometimes I forget when my turn signal is on as its not very noticeable when the sun is shining on the gauge cluster..
Mine clicks, but it's inaudible once the engine is running.

The indicators are definitely too dim. I'm hoping the LEDs behind the cluster aren't integrated/soldered, I'd like to replace them with some brighter bulbs. They need to be bright enough to notice in your peripheral vision.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Dave, let me know if you figure out if they are or not... I would love to change mine to Green LED's in the cluster. If they are soldered, no big deal, I did it to my car cluster.

·
Registered
707 Posts
CF12ANL-01 flasher relay (2 prongs=plug and play!)
Online only http://www.superbrightleds.com/moreinfo/flashers-load-resistors/cf12anl-01-led-bulb-electronic-flasher/781/

Alternative solution: Tridon EP34 relay
http://www.autozone.com/autozone/parts/Tridon-Hazard-Warning-Flasher/_/N-9cjeg?itemIdentifier=6416_0_0_
It has 3 prongs, each marked B,L,&E. You ground the E pin somewhere on your bike.
How would I ground it? Tie a wire from E onto a metal part of the surface on the bike?

·
Registered
664 Posts
I have no idea what this is for?
What does it do exactly? :S

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App
It sounds like if you replace the standard incandescent bulbs used in your turn signals with LEDs, the blink rate is increased by about 3x. This unit seems to be what's needed to decrease the blink rate to about 60fps (flashes/second) which is about the same rate as the stock turn signals.

·
Premium Member
47 Posts
Our Gen2-F relay plugs right into the harness in place of the OEM unit, and mounts to the subframe in the same fashion as the OEM unit. We have a video on our YouTube channel showing the installation procedure of this part so you can do it yourself without any hangups. Our relay comes preset to 85 cycles per minute (OEM rate), but can be adjusted to your liking. The flash rate adjustment procedure is show in another video on our YouTube channel

Click the image to be taken to a page where you can see details about this product.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts