Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello Guys, this is my first post and Im just mainly looking for some help. About a month ago I bought my ninja 300 and being the inexperienced driver i am i dumped it going up my drive way on the shifting side of the bike. I was only going about 15mph and laid it down in the grass. I picked up the bike and the shift lever was bent back wards to the point it was touching the foot peg. I had to walk the bike back down the driveway with the clutch in.
I took it out the next day and reset the shift lever to the normal position and I noticed that the shift rod was bent. Now I only have 1st and neutral even when i ride it around and get it moving i cant get it past 1st. I ordered a new shift rod and it wouldnt work with my aftermarket rearsets. (http://www.ebay.com/itm/Rearset-Rea...m35f10d7ee0:m:mJi5vJvw_geB8OCAeQK9Slg&vxp=mtr)
Would a bent shift rod have anything to do with this or did i actually mess something up? Also It wont start anymore.(started it countless times after accident) maybe a dead battery?
I dont really want to take it to a dealer because i dont want to lose an arm and a leg on something that could be a simple fix.
Thanks!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I ordered a whole new rear set but it wasant the same size shift rod the one they sent me was 6inches long the one i need is 4 and 11/16ths
The bike will turn on and i will have power to everything but when i hit the start button it wont start.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts