Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

PlastiDip Exhaust?

8K views 23 replies 17 participants last post by  ninjabolte 
#1 ·
New rider! I just got a 2013 300 SE Green! I really want to replace the exhaust ASAP but until then I was thinking about dipping my exhaust. I saw someone do the whole thing black but what are some opinions on black and green? I'd do the base black and do the chrome in a ninja green to match the bike. Good idea?

#2 ·
Buy another exhaust with a great sound like M4, twobrothers, yoshimura, akrapovic, leovince etc.

I think the original exhaust is ugly and sounds like a sewing machine.

#6 ·
For the heatshield (kinda chromed) i would say yes but for the housing (matte black) i would say no. I'm pretty sure it gets way too hot for plasti-dip. Let us know how it turns out.

#22 ·
Only had one ride on an evening since it was plasti dipped. I used the Rustoleum Flexidip brand though. The heat shield was warm after the ride. I accidentally placed the heel of my foot on the dipped shield and the shine (plasti dip glossifier) rubbed off a little. A simple wipe and the shine returned. Just need to be careful to keep the right foot off it.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.