Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys

Ive seen some great designs you guys have done with your bikes using that plasti dip paint.

my question is how exactly do you get it done? Do you remove the fairings yourself and brush it on? Do you isolate the attached fairing on the bike with paint sticky tape and apply it on there?

Any help/experience on the matter would be great

Thanks! :)

·
Registered
839 Posts
Not all of it comes in a spray can though, you can purchase larger quantities in paint buckets. But then you have to grab a paint sprayer to properly apply it, here is a good video for ya:

Video is on a car but you get the point.

Reactions: SClown

·
Registered
547 Posts
@This girl rides,

Thanks for the video link it looked like he did a pretty good job.

I didn't plasdi dip my winscreen properly and was impatient when it came to giving time between coats so it didn't look good at all. I encourage everyone to follow the usage instructions properly to avoid this :) Best part is it is totally removable :)

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
@This girl rides,

Thanks for the video link it looked like he did a pretty good job.

I didn't paid my winscreen properly and was impatient when it came to giving time between coats so it didn't look good at all. I encourage everyone to follow the usage instructions properly to avoid this :) Best part is it is totally removable :)
That way if it sucks you try try again. That was my thinking too

Sent from my LG-P999 using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
547 Posts
That way if it sucks you try try again. That was my thinking too
Sorry i meant plasti dip, when i did mine i didn't do it well enough. *edited post.

You're right though, that was the justification for my purchase; the fact that it is removable.

·
Registered
29 Posts
How long does the plasti dip last? Like, after time will it start to peel up by itself?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Upwards of a year if you did it right. Look up dipyourcar on youtube, they have a lot of information on the stuff. You can buy it directly from them as well

·
Registered
112 Posts
Starting to think about Rhino lining the fairings. No cracking or scratches again. Lol

Typed and sent by my right thumb using a Moto AtrixHD.

·
Premium Member
12,371 Posts

·
Banned
562 Posts

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
If it didnt have such an orange peel texture I would do it.

I Plasti-Dipped a few things. No extreme orange peel. You can never get a surface 100% orange peel free. Just minimal.

·
Banned
562 Posts
I Plasti-Dipped a few things. No extreme orange peel. You can never get a surface 100% orange peel free. Just minimal.

if you wet sand it then krylon over it you get very close to no orange peel
and from more than 2 feet away u cant tell the orange peel anyway

1 - 16 of 16 Posts