Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Nice vid brady. I like the fact you showed the removal of the screen, sort of kills two birds with one video.

When mine finally arrives, I plan to do the same. Although I'm playing with the idea of doing two-tone job on it. (some blue highlights, black mostly)

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nice vid brady. I like the fact you showed the removal of the screen, sort of kills two birds with one video.

When mine finally arrives, I plan to do the same. Although I'm playing with the idea of doing two-tone job on it. (some blue highlights, black mostly)
thank you for the kind words! A two tone paint job would look sweet! I think i might steal your idea! ;)

·
Registered
344 Posts
Just Plasti Dip my OEM windscreen on the inside with Black. Turned out really nice for those on the fence about doing this. No special taping other than covering up the mounting holes on the outside of the screen with some masking tape. Three coats did the trick about 5 hours start to finish, off the bike and back on. When spraying just pay attention to the inside curve of the shield as it is easy to miss with all three coats. Just check it twice before mounting back on the bike.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Just Plasti Dip my OEM windscreen on the inside with Black. Turned out really nice for those on the fence about doing this. No special taping other than covering up the mounting holes on the outside of the screen with some masking tape. Three coats did the trick about 5 hours start to finish, off the bike and back on. When spraying just pay attention to the inside curve of the shield as it is easy to miss with all three coats. Just check it twice before mounting back on the bike.
looks great man! thanks for sharing!

·
Registered
182 Posts
Plasti dip

Plasti dipped my windshield today.

Just a note to anyone thinking of doing it. Did 3 coats, looked good but decided to do more.

After leaving half an hour between coats and shaking can for 1 minute as per instructions, first three coats went on nicely.

Then I went to do the fourth and globs of the stuff fell onto the windshield instead of a clear spray.

Unfortunately wiping with a clean rag as per instructions made things worse.

I used a bit of cardboard and sprayed it until globs stopped and spray came out as it should.

So if you are going to try plasti dip, make sure you spray on some other surface before each coat to get all the globs out of the nozzle (or clean the nozzle)

That might just save you having to do more coats and nearly throwing your windshield at the nearest wall.

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
Plasti dipped my windshield today.

Just a note to anyone thinking of doing it. Did 3 coats, looked good but decided to do more.

After leaving half an hour between coats and shaking can for 1 minute as per instructions, first three coats went on nicely.

Then I went to do the fourth and globs of the stuff fell onto the windshield instead of a clear spray.

Unfortunately wiping with a clean rag as per instructions made things worse.

I used a bit of cardboard and sprayed it until globs stopped and spray came out as it should.

So if you are going to try plasti dip, make sure you spray on some other surface before each coat to get all the globs out of the nozzle (or clean the nozzle)

That might just save you having to do more coats and nearly throwing your windshield at the nearest wall.
I like to do a thin coat first, then get a little heavier each coat. Also, no need to wait a half hour... ten-fifteen minutes, or when the plastidip starts to look "flat" in stead of shiny should suffice. I usually do around 5-6 coats.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
15 Posts
Did you find the Allen screws that hold WS and mirrors awfully tight?
Could not loosen with a 4mm Allen key and have almost stripped the head of one with Allen socket and 3/8 ratchet.
Thanks in advance

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Has anyone actually taken if off after they sprayed their windshield ? Would be interested to hear how easy it was or if they ran into any problems.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts