Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if anyone plans on tracking their Ninja 300?

There's a possibility I may end up picking up a Ninja 300 and use it as a street/track bike and save my current R6 for mostly street till I feel confident banging around a 300 on the track, then in a year or two, move the R6 to track duty.

I see there is no "Track" section on this forum unlike the KawiForums, or every other sport bike forum ran by Motorcycle.com, which means the admin who set this up didn't affiliate track days with 300s.

I remember seeing a video of some pro rider ripping the old 250 around the track, but, just wanted to hear everyone elses opinion.

·
Registered
733 Posts
I've been looking into the Track days and still undecided if I want to devote my bike to track use.

·
Premium Member
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've been looking into the Track days and still undecided if I want to devote my bike to track use.
Yeah I've already joined TeamProMotion, but as it stands, the R6 is going to be handling street and track duty.

I'm trying to find something for the track that will help me hone in my skills in regards to turning (anyone can pin a throttle in a straight line) and keep the freshly painted R6 at home.

·
Registered
2,760 Posts
put a suggestion under the site feedback section.. I am sure there is just a typical forum setup that was used when this was set up..

·
Track Whore
675 Posts
I currently race a 250 and I got my 300 for the street. I do plan on racing my 300 in other classes.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
733 Posts
twist of the wrist & twist of the wrist part 2, both books written by Keith code.
the science of road racing motorcycles by keith code is another great book.

Thanks to some of the other members I was looking at these and it will help a good deal.

·
Registered
958 Posts
A track day is definitely in my future :D

·
Registered
221 Posts
Yes. I do plan on tracking my bike. I just came from the long beach convention center and got a few flyers to track my bike. Chuckawillowis one of them. A few trainers that I was talking to, we're telling me that the 250 and 300 are the best to learn how to track for beginners. You learn how to lean and control the bike before you hit the high hp bikes.

When I use to own my sports cars I would track every time I would get a chance. N now with the bike I will be doing the same. It helps me get my stress out lol.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Only 1/4 track for me. One day.

·
Registered
958 Posts
Yes. I do plan on tracking my bike. I just came from the long beach convention center and got a few flyers to track my bike. Chuckawillowis one of them. A few trainers that I was talking to, we're telling me that the 250 and 300 are the best to learn how to track for beginners. You learn how to lean and control the bike before you hit the high hp bikes.
I was there yesterday too, I talked to a guy from Trackdaz, very nice guy and very helpful, they have track days at Chuckwalla and Buttonwillow

·
Registered
70 Posts
Speaking about racing, this may be a really stupid question, but, could someone explain the idea behind the "knee down" when turning the bike? I have no racing experience. Have only used motorcycles for daily commuting...

Sent from my Motorola PT550 using Motorcycle.com Android app

·
Registered
958 Posts
When you turn your bike you must lean into the turn to counteract centrifugal force. Let say your going through a corner at 50mph, and you need to lean over 45 degrees to go through that corner at that speed. You can lean you and your bike at 45 degrees, or you can lean your bike over 50 degrees and lean your body off the side of the bike at 40 degrees. This keeps the bike more upright, giving you better traction and lessens the chance of low-siding. While going through the corner your looking at the exit of the corner (this is how your supposed to go through all corners) and racers developed the technique of dragging their knees on the ground for 2 reason. 1, it lets's you know where the ground is (you can't look down because your looking at the corner exit) 2, you can sometimes push your self up if you start to go over too far (check out the video link of Colin Edwards) This is an advanced technique that is usually only used on the race track (not on the street)

·
Registered
865 Posts
nah, no track for me

·
Registered
221 Posts
I was there yesterday too, I talked to a guy from Trackdaz, very nice guy and very helpful, they have track days at Chuckwalla and Buttonwillow
Yup same guy I was talking too.

·
Premium Member
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
Bought the track queen today. Gonna look into getting some bigger brakes on the front, full exhaust, track body work, and maybe aftermarket rearsets for this season.

(Granted, I don't think any of that is available yet)

And a picture of the R6 undergoing some minor work over winter.

And my car license plate for LOL's

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
that r6 is sexy... i like.

·
Premium Member
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks. The R6 is a very fun machine and she loves doing wheelies. lol

Probably my favorite sport bike out of every bike I've owned (And I've owned them all except a Gixxxxxxer)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts