Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a newish rider, and I've had the bike for about a year and I'm more than ready to get rid of the stock tires that are still on it. I've heard a lot of really good things abt the Angel GT IIs for both grip and lasting a good long while, but they don't have stock sizes. Will there be any clearance issues with running a 150/70 17? Specifically with the swingarms or chain?

Has anyone run the Pirelli Angel GT IIs? If so, what are your thoughts on them? Did you have any clearance issues with them?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
541 Posts
I never mounted the Angel's, but I've had 160/60 and 150/70 Michelins and didn't have any issue. You should be fine.

Yes, the Angel's have very good reviews. Good choice. For commuting and easy riding, they should last at least 6 or 7k miles on the N300. That's conservative. My Michelin Road 3 lasted 8k miles..

If you want to stick to stock size, which is 140/70 in the rear, you may mount the Michelin Road 5, very similar (Sport Touring) tire, and it comes in stock size for the N300. At least it did the last time I checked.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just replaced the tires that came on it when I bought it. I went with continental motion sport touring and love them. I do a lot of mountain roads and the grip is outstanding

1 - 3 of 3 Posts