Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I didn't see any photos of the fuse box and blown fuses. There are a few threads describing where the box is. The descriptions are very helpful and accurate, but I took these pics b/c I thought they might help someone save 5 minutes looking and I could not find any photos through google or forum search.

The fusebox is located on the left-side (as you ride it, so the NON-throttle side) just to the rear of the battery under the seat. The piece I have my hand on sits on top of the battery and is screwed down, so you will see that and not the battery terminals (yours won't look like mine and there's no need to remove anything other than the seat to get to the fuse box I don't think).

The fuse pictured is blown. The little wire loop inside the red plastic should be connected (should form a completed horse-shoe shape).

While the top of the box explains what each fuse is for, I found it quite easy to just pry them all up with a screwdriver and find the one that's broken rather than trying to figure out which fuse was bad from the wiring diagram and the box description, although that may be a bad idea.

It looks to me like there is one spare fuse of each type (10 amp (red), 15 amp (blue), and 30 amp (green)).

I blew a 10 amp I think when I put some super cheap LED corner lights in the front headlights and then my rear taillight, plate light, and rear blinkers would not come on. I swapped it with the spare and now tail light and blinkers are ok (forgot to check my plate light).

I colored in purple on the photo where my spare 10 amp fuse was (at least I think that's where it was. it says 10 amp spare on the cap so you can find it right quick).

The fuse box caps just flip up although you will need a screwdriver or plyers (sp?) to push the tab on the larger box to get it open unless you have thumbs of steel.

Maybe someone can tell me where I can order some spare fuses if they know so I can have some handy.

*edit*

Musilix has a video for seat removal here (second post I think):

http://www.kawasakininja300.com/forum/13-ninja-300-service-maintenance/41386-ecu-removal.html

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,015 Posts
Pretty poor design from Kawasaki to put the fuses where you have to take off the seat to access them. I can get to the fuses on my Triumph Bonneville in ten seconds. The fuses on my Pacific Coast are behind on cover that just pops off.
Taking the seat off on my little Ninja is a pain in comparison. Pull the side covers and hope that you don't break a tab. Two bolts and the seat comes off. They could have done better IMHO. I will have to pull out the tool kit and make sure that all the tools that I need to get to the fuses is actually there. Better to find out in my garage than out on the road with no help in sight.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Pretty poor design from Kawasaki to put the fuses where you have to take off the seat to access them. I can get to the fuses on my Triumph Bonneville in ten seconds. The fuses on my Pacific Coast are behind on cover that just pops off.
Taking the seat off on my little Ninja is a pain in comparison. Pull the side covers and hope that you don't break a tab. Two bolts and the seat comes off. They could have done better IMHO. I will have to pull out the tool kit and make sure that all the tools that I need to get to the fuses is actually there. Better to find out in my garage than out on the road with no help in sight.
I thought their toolkit left quite a bit to be desired. I don't think it has the proper wrench sizes or allen key sizes to do all the things I thought I would do. I don't recall if it has enough to get the seat off, I think it's just a couple of allen bolts holding it on.

One of the first things I did was to throw a multi-tool (I think it was my Topeak Alien from my bicycle - funny I know but I think it's pretty good) into my trunk.

·
Premium Member
12,370 Posts
Maybe someone can tell me where I can order some spare fuses if they know so I can have some handy.
http://www.kawasakininja300.com/forum/13-ninja-300-service-maintenance/41386-ecu-removal.html
any auto store will have them, heck even kmart/wallmart have them

will also add this thread to our DIY sticky thread of wisdom

One of the first things I did was to throw a multi-tool (I think it was my Topeak Alien from my bicycle - funny I know but I think it's pretty good) into my trunk.
i always carry my leatherman "charge" with me, as well as my Cruztools kit as well

http://www.kawasakininja300.com/forum/9-ninja-300-parts-accessories/2699-tool-kit.html#post647697

1 - 4 of 4 Posts