Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 105 Posts

· I ♥ Borat In A Thong
1,183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone on here carry any kind of personal protection on them while riding? If so... what and where do you put it?

My lady just got me a double bladed batman knife that I will be carrying... not sure where i'll be putting it yet though.

· Registered
934 Posts
my fists are enough in my book =D plus I get less hassle form people about carrying a weapon into stores and stuff.. it may be legal... but its not socially acceptable... unless I conceal it.. then its cool lol but if you have a gun, why would you want to??!?!?!?!

· I ♥ Borat In A Thong
1,183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Usually a trusty kershaw spring assisted folder.

That batman knife is cool, but it looks like it could do yourself more harm than it's worth.

Sent from my R800x using Motorcycle.com Free App
Maybe not with my thick riding gloves on. But I am trained in BJJ anyways, so weapons are a complete last resort.

· Registered
540 Posts
Maybe not with my thick riding gloves on. But I am trained in BJJ anyways, so weapons are a complete last resort.
Really though. We're like knights in full armor when riding. Hard knuckle gloves, leather w/ armor jackets, abrasion resistant pants, steel shanked boots, full faced helmets.

We are prepared for a fight with pavement. What man wants to mess with us?

Sent from my R800x using Motorcycle.com Free App

· I ♥ Borat In A Thong
1,183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The crime rate in my area is on the rise. 3 banks robbed in the last month within 5 miles of my house, some guy got shot in the ass at a gas station out of no where, bunch of murders, etc.

So... a lot of thugs around here. Hence why I have a collection of daggers/knives, a german shepherd and CQB fighting skills. I am an expert with the m16 but I don't really wanna bring a gun in to my home with a 2 year old. But if shit keeps getting worse then I may.

· Registered
1,139 Posts
I own a folding knife for camping and hiking...But I've honestly never felt the need to carry a weapon while out and about. I used to ride my bicycle at all hours in the even and I've blown by some shady groups that may have tried something if I wasn't plowing along at 30 kph +. But even friends in the area have never had problems. I guess I'm lucky?..

· Registered
1,581 Posts
not to stir any political debate but those of who considering firearms or who already do may want to read this:

http://www.ibtimes.com/dianne-feins...nned-details-assault-weapons-ban-2013-1037402

yep.

that's all i have to contribute.

even though i sold my ARs and don't feel the need for me to own one, neither do i feel it is necessary nor wanted for them to be banned...

anyways the only way to prevent that is for people to actually get active... and STOP VOTING IN DIANNE FEINSTEIN BARBARA BOXER ETC.

*sigh*

· Premium Member
13,448 Posts
Does anyone on here carry any kind of personal protection on them while riding? If so... what and where do you put it?

My lady just got me a double bladed batman knife that I will be carrying... not sure where i'll be putting it yet though.
are you the one with the White 300 and red Batman decals on it? if so, this cracks me up:D:p

· Registered
444 Posts
My safety gear is my personal protection, reinforced gloves and helmet. A quick head-but and some jabs will do it, or if needed remove helmet and swing like a mad man.

In NSW, it is illegal to carry ANY cutting instrument without "good reason".
"Defence" is specifically excluded as an acceptable reason.
I do keep a CRKT folding knife in my bag for hiking, camping, mtb and sometimes work. I would like a spring assisted or balisong but they are highly illegal over here.

1 - 20 of 105 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.