Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
839 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.facebook.com/Kawasaki4Life

^ I posted my crash pics up on here only and low and behold the group posted it and said "Dave Farell" submitted it. Be aware that someone if stealing pics off here and claiming them to be theirs is all.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
yup it's been going on for the longest too. there's a specific 300 group on there that used, i think it was torchsport's, photos. anyways the person in question was notified but it still happens...

·
Premium Member
12,371 Posts
as a general rule of thumb no matter what forum you join and post things in to, once you posted it it becomes property of the forum and its pretty much open slather on what happens to it.

if you don’t want people to see it, don’t post it

this is usually layed out in the forum FAQ

·
Registered
839 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I know it shouldn't but it does bother me that someone has a life pitiful enough that they have to steal our pics. :mad:

·
Premium Member
12,371 Posts
its cool. no biggie. could be worse. some years ago i had photos of my vfr800 used to create a fake advert on ebay

http://www.bikepics.com/members/dezrae/00vfr800/

at the time i still owned it and one of the vfr800 forum members in canada alerted ebay for me that it was a scam

photo stealer's are every where unfortunately.

·
Registered
117 Posts
as a general rule of thumb no matter what forum you join and post things in to, once you posted it it becomes property of the forum and its pretty much open slather on what happens to it.

if you don’t want people to see it, don’t post it

this is usually layed out in the forum FAQ
That's not correct. While it may be true if you were to use the forum itself for hosting, it is definitely not if it is hot linked from another website. However, one you put something on the internet for all to see, there is nothing that prevents this from happening. If the plaintiff can pinpoint the offender, a cease and desist order can be sent to him. Not a simple process though.

·
Premium Member
12,371 Posts
That's not correct. While it may be true if you were to use the forum itself for hosting, it is definitely not if it is hot linked from another website.
well just about every other forum i have joined in the last 15 years or more has stated in the FAQ that once you post a message in the forum it is property of the forum.

·
Registered
839 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yes, property of the FORUM to use...correct.
Not a free for all for the entire internet base to steal and claim as their own.. ;)

·
Registered
839 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
typical internet thing.. i "steal" pics all the time to use as examples haha
That wouldn't bother me :p

This guys is claiming my bike to be his :mad:

·
Registered
839 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Cause' my bike is dang sexy, damaged or not ;)

·
Registered
839 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The pic he stole was of hydro's and I's bikes in front of target...ya can't really tell the damage unless you pinpoint the broken clutch lever ;)

·
Registered
10 Posts
I seen that photo this morning and i could swear i had seen it on here. Its pretty foul that people would steal photos and claim them as there own.

·
Registered
839 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I seen that photo this morning and i could swear i had seen it on here. Its pretty foul that people would steal photos and claim them as there own.
Yup, pitiful people.

·
I ♥ Borat In A Thong
981 Posts
Yep I've seen plenty of stolen photos all over the internet. If you don't want em stolen, never post them! Someone will always steal something.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
1 - 20 of 28 Posts