Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
saw the other ASV levers thread, thought i would post a few pictures of Pazzo levers for anyone that might be considering them. they didnt specify on their site whether or not you could use the same levers from the 250. they actually went out of their way to install/test them on a local 300 and confirm! they then added the ninja 300 to the fitment list. exceptional service. also, installation was quick and painless.

sorry for the quality of the pictures. they were taken in a garage, where the lighting isnt as good as it should be.

·
Banned
562 Posts
Nice looking! I like the purple! Is there a blue set or is that the only color
how adjustable are they?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I hope my wife does not see those in pink haha!!
haha.. yeah she wanted pink, but all they had were these anodized purple.. they do look very light though, especially in certain lighting. almost like a hot pink. ill probably get some eventually for the 650.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nice looking! I like the purple! Is there a blue set or is that the only color
how adjustable are they?
by the way, i noticed in the ASV thread you mentioned you wanted to do blue as your accent color. you should check out the blue reflective rim tape from tape works.

reflective blue:

http://tapeworks.com/Rimstripes/6018.jpg

bermuda blue reflective:

http://tapeworks.com/Rimstripes/6143.jpg

http://tapeworks.com/Customer Bikes/Customers2007/2007marchcustomers/2007march.ChadJonesRimstripes.jpg

i personally like the bermuda blue, it looks awesome.. but to match the pazzo levers, it looks like the regular reflective blue would be a better choice. its more of a royal blue.

·
Registered
958 Posts
Are those the short levers or the long?

·
Registered
103 Posts
Nice, they look good! I have the ASV long on mine right now, but after trying my friends bike with shorty's they actually feel better to me.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Are those the short levers or the long?
These are the short levers.

Good info and lots of pics. Thank you.

~mike
Anytime, happy to share.

Nice, they look good! I have the ASV long on mine right now, but after trying my friends bike with shorty's they actually feel better to me.
Thanks! Yeah your ASV thread inspired me to post these. I will probably put some ASV or Pazzo levers on my bike soon also.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Hello!

I just went to their website and came across this Pre-Load Fitment guide tab. There is no option for the 300 so im guessing theres no need for one but, what is a Pre-load fitment, i mean, what is the pre load used for? Im well aware this is a noob question lol
im about to buy my first bike :)
Thanks!

·
Registered
865 Posts
Woot! thanks for posting this! I was lookign forward to a pair of these!

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hello!

I just went to their website and came across this Pre-Load Fitment guide tab. There is no option for the 300 so im guessing theres no need for one but, what is a Pre-load fitment, i mean, what is the pre load used for? Im well aware this is a noob question lol
im about to buy my first bike :)
Thanks!
Hmm.. if you look at the lever fitment guide (one tab to the left of pre-load fitment guide), the 300 is listed there. It wasn't on there at all when we ordered, so we called to see if the 250 fit. They personally found someone in their area with a 300 to bring in and get the levers installed to test fitment, and called us a few days later to confirm. I can assure you that they fit (F-25/K-25 are the specific part numbers for brake and clutch) the 300. As for the 'pre-load fitment guide', I'm not sure what that is referring to or why the list is different. If you still have any hesitations, I would just call them and ask. They are very helpful!

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I love it, but really? $200?? is there any other alternative? what makes them so special over a $80 pair?
its hard to answer that question, honestly. what ive seen are basically $30 CNC levers on ebay (chinese).. and ASV and Pazzo, which are closer to $150-$200. although ive heard the cheaper CNC levers are the exact same material, and exact same cut (from many people on forums).. ive also read about how people had to drill them out for them to fit properly, to avoid locking the front brake. ive read about them breaking or fading (color) over time. when my wife and i bought our bikes, we agreed that when it comes to safety, we wont compromise. that means helmet, jacket, or any parts or service (7500 service for example) that we arent capable (or sure) of doing ourselves. although levers seem like a relatively simple part, the few stories i heard of people's brakes locking up was enough for me to decide to just bite the bullet and do it right.

here you can see the concerns/opinions:

http://www.zxforums.com/forums/zx-14-forum/52035-24-pazzo-lever-ebay.html

here is a horror story:

http://www.gixxer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=298233&page=3

just do alot of research. its different for everyone. for me, if money isnt really an issue, its just the peace of mind.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
What kills it for me is $20 shipping... Seriously? I'm giving you $200 on something that probably costs you $40 to make, and you then want to charge me $20 to ship it, within the same country, by ground?

F that noise.
yeah i hear ya. $20 to your own country seems a little steep, but i guess so does $150+ for a simple machined lever. guess its just one of things where everyone will have different opinions.. and we, as a society, rarely ever pay what it costs to make something. take a pair of nike running shoes for example. im all for the CNC ebay levers if you do the research and make sure youre installing/drilling them properly.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I can understand that paying $200 for something you can get for $40 might seem ridiculous but you have to factor in where the product was made and by who. You can easily get exhaust/FE/HIDs/sliders etc cheaper on eBay.

Do they come with warranty?
Can you sue someone on eBay selling you Chinese made parts?
Can you get help fixing/repairing/replacing parts?
Customer service?

I'm not saying you should spend top dollar on parts. Everybody has different reasons for spending that kind of money. If everything worked the same, fit the same, performed the same, there would be no questions asked in the first place.

I enjoy the peace of mind that my levers have been tested by professionals and I won't be in a situation where my brake lever got stuck and end up in the hospital or even worse.

When you have peace of mind when riding I think it makes it that much more enjoyable. Sorry for the long post I've been sitting in my car for awhile now lol

1 - 20 of 49 Posts