Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally got around to installing these badboys! Got the pazzo shorties for clutch and brake. Love the look and feel of these over stock...and incase anyone is wondering these are for the 250r but fit perfect on the 300.

20130523_161803-1.jpg

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Explain to me how they are different functionally. I know very little about motorcycles.
functionally, they work just like the stock levers except they are adjustable...also I ride using only two fingers on the clutch and break...so I like the shorty levers because it allows my to pull in the clutch without smashing my other fingers...other than that the only other difference is there dang sexy

·
Registered
97 Posts
Ok I also use the two finger method so I should probably invest in these too. Would it look tacky to put green ones on my se?

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok I also use the two finger method so I should probably invest in these too. Would it look tacky to put green ones on my se?
To be honest im not even sure I like the "gold" on mine lol...they came out looking more orange...I should have went with red because I was thinking about getting red rim tape but Ive seen the green on a couple of se bikes and they look nice.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Premium Member
4,652 Posts
I have these too, ready-to-install (waiting to get the bike back from the ECU-tuner). I've run Pazzos on 3-4 other bikes now and I love 'em. You can get different colors with different adjuster colors too. Usually, I go black with a red or blue adjuster, depending on my color-scheme.

The best thing about these levers is the fact that you can get shorties (great for those running clipons because of the extra-clearance). The stock Ninja 300 friction-zone is really far from the grip, so being able to change that with a lever adjustment is great, or an adjustment of the friction-zone combined with lever-adjustments.

Plus, they are super sexy, as-mentioned.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have these too, ready-to-install (waiting to get the bike back from the ECU-tuner). I've run Pazzos on 3-4 other bikes now and I love 'em. You can get different colors with different adjuster colors too. Usually, I go black with a red or blue adjuster, depending on my color-scheme.

The best thing about these levers is the fact that you can get shorties (great for those running clipons because of the extra-clearance). The stock Ninja 300 friction-zone is really far from the grip, so being able to change that with a lever adjustment is great, or an adjustment of the friction-zone combined with lever-adjustments.

Plus, they are super sexy, as-mentioned.
Yes I wish they had an app on their site that allowed you to see the color scheme mocked up on a bike...I would have definitely went with the black on red or vice versa...on my bike the clutch engaged really early so the ability to adjust the lever farther out felt better and I love the shorties for two finger operations. Even though im not a huge fan of the orange "gold" they still look a lot better over stock.

·
Premium Member
4,652 Posts
I kinda like that orange gold.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I'm not here to father you all or anything just leaving a note for any new riders reading this thread and want to get shortie levers. Get really comfortable with full length levers before going to shortie's because in an emergency situation the more lever, the more fingers you have apply force onto the front break which means you will stop alot quicker.

>Implying people use the 2 finger method with shortie levers :)

·
Premium Member
4,652 Posts
I'm not here to father you all or anything just leaving a note for any new riders reading this thread and want to get shortie levers. Get really comfortable with full length levers before going to shortie's because in an emergency situation the more lever, the more fingers you have apply force onto the front break which means you will stop alot quicker.

I haven't noticed any reduction in stopping-power with the shorty levers. There's plenty of leverage. It really depends on the size of your hand and how many fingers you're using. All things being equal (same amount of fingers used), the shorties seem fine. In fact, they might even be a little better than stock because you can dial them in to perfectly-suit your hand.

That said, I think they're probably much better for those installing clip-on handlebars (compared to the stock levers).

Reactions: maestro

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

You can comfortably get all four fingers on the shorties so that shouldn't be a problem for the four finger mashers that want to get shorties...I just mentioned the shorties being good for the people such as myself that use the two finger method because they reduce the chances of your other fingers getting smashed.

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Just a side note. With the Pazzo's you'll never have to worry about the colour finish fading on you. However if you do your research, you can get e-bay CNC milled levers of similar quality for a significantly lower price. There are also professional alternatives at pricing between ebay levers and Pazos. So shop around if the price looks a bit steep

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Just a side note. With the Pazzo's you'll never have to worry about the colour finish fading on you. However if you do your research, you can get e-bay CNC milled levers of similar quality for a significantly lower price. There are also professional alternatives at pricing between ebay levers and Pazos. So shop around if the price looks a bit steep
Good to know...I was wondering about the color fading myself.

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
certain colours are more prone to fading than others. Black for some reason likes to turn to gold. But other colours like silver, or red, tend to stay that way. So you can potentially save a lot of money

1 - 20 of 20 Posts