Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Damn, i was reluctant to press that little switch for sometime now but overcoming my long fear and preparing myself for it by constant training, i at-last gathered my courage and pressed it last night and vrroommmmm ..
it landed me on Mars

didn't knew it came fitted with sucha nitrous boost :D

ok ok, manual says and as i read online it is supposed to flash your high-beams, but i don't see that happening.
Is it just me or you guys also see the same problem or does yours work ?

Based on this, ain't the dealer supposed to check all switches/gauges/etc work before delivery. This is my first bike purchase and frankly i didn't even notice the pass switch for first 50 or so miles :eek:

·
Registered
463 Posts
Damn, i was reluctant to press that little switch for sometime now but overcoming my long fear and preparing myself for it by constant training, i at-last gathered my courage and pressed it last night and vrroommmmm ..
it landed me on Mars

didn't knew it came fitted with sucha nitrous boost :D

ok ok, manual says and as i read online it is supposed to flash your high-beams, but i don't see that happening.
Is it just me or you guys also see the same problem or does yours work ?

Based on this, ain't the dealer supposed to check all switches/gauges/etc work before delivery. This is my first bike purchase and frankly i didn't even notice the pass switch for first 50 or so miles :eek:
if you have ur high beam on already, this wont work...

·
Registered
315 Posts
See if you can use your hi beam via the hi beam switch. If you can't then at least you know the problem isn't the pass switch.

·
Premium Member
12,371 Posts

·
Registered
5,398 Posts
Just be careful as that could work the other way too, someone could think you are flashing them to say its ok to go..........
Yeah, sometimes I don't use it, depends on the situation, I usually can tell if I should flash or not.

·
Registered
952 Posts
I sometimes use the pass switch to flash as I'm lane splitting during rush hour. I dont count on it, I just hope it catches the enemies attention in their side view mirror.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
38 Posts
So, who uses the 'pass' button on this thing?

I used it maybe 5 times in the 6 months I've had the bike and it wasn't to pass anyone. I don't think people would move over anyways if I used it correctly.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Not once

Free typos with every post!

·
Super Moderator
1,075 Posts
Lol, I use it only to signal truckers to go ahead and move in front of me when they signal on the highway.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Believe it or not, I didn't notice there was a pass button until I did a T-CLOCS check just before my short ride just now. Sounds like it doesn't do much of anything, but I will read the owner's manual just to be sure...

·
Premium Member
4,652 Posts
I don't use it for passing (people in America wouldn't understand it). I use it as a quickie high-beam flash to get people's attention as-needed. Useful for lane-splitting too, when I need to light up side-mirrors.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts