Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Everyone has an opinion and preferences. Thought it would be good to hear your experiences with parts and accessories I.e. Brands, suppliers and wether you buy australian or over seas?

·
Registered
4,130 Posts
I buy mainly overseas, my local businesses will get my money if they can price match but otherwise I will get the best deal I can for my cash.

I use ebay a lot, and the vendors on this forum; Biohazard and Hardracing.

Best thing is to do your research good and proper, I will research a part for days sometimes until I find the best price, back and forth with emails and offers. Be patient, including wait times for items to come in the mail, and you will always win mate. Be impatient, you will spend more.

Take for instance the full exhaust system I bought. Got it from Biohazard Cycles for 650 dollars Australian shipped to my door from the US. The cheapest quote I got here in Oz? $1099. Pays to shop around.

·
Registered
129 Posts
definitely shop around, find what you like and search for it for the best price and shipping, just posted some stuff I found tonight and also some pretty cool mods I found on the 250r Ninja which may work for our 300's

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I LOVE Ebay, though i am very sceptical with some products so i do agree research does pay off.
The full exhaust system, power commander and air filter is my next purchase. I was quoted $800 for a yoshi system with a carbon end. pretty impressed by that, though i know i can get it delivered from overseas for $680.

Has anyone had bad experiences with any particular brands or parts?

·
Registered
4,130 Posts
I LOVE Ebay, though i am very sceptical with some products so i do agree research does pay off.
The full exhaust system, power commander and air filter is my next purchase. I was quoted $800 for a yoshi system with a carbon end. pretty impressed by that, though i know i can get it delivered from overseas for $680.

Has anyone had bad experiences with any particular brands or parts?
I am currently having a bad experience with the end cap on the R77 Yoshimura system, has faded and gone yellowish in colour. Lost all clear coat nearly, and in less than 3 months. Customer service from Yoshi is pretty poor when it comes to after sales, they didnt want to do much except send me a new endcap, which will just sit on my shelf now as I am not about to drill out the rivets on a new muffler, just to replace and endcap that should still look fucken awesome anyway. Risky.

I find it hard to even recommend Yoshi after my experience with them, or at least not their carbon fibre version of the R77. Sad as I have had many of their products before without defect or any problem, but the rudeness of their after sales support and the fob off I got just because I didnt buy through them was ridiculous. If you do buy the Yoshi, I would suggest to buy through an authorised seller, or the warranty you get pretty much means shit, as we are in a different country and thats exactly what they told me:

"Well you should have bought your system from an authorised re-seller in Australia."

Exact words typed from Yoshi. Assholes.

Sun damage may have had a part to play on my behalf, but others are popping up now with the same issue without much time in sun at all. The major issue I could see is the paper thin end cap thickness, inside doesnt look like its coated in anything, just raw carbon fibre. It looks as if only the outside is coated.

Thought it was worth a mention as so far this seems to be confined to Australian forum members, it may have something to do with our extreme harsh UV. US and EU members have not reported any issues with their R77 systems, so far just confined to AU. Also it may just have been a bad batch, which I really hope it was.

Dont mean to throw you off, but would hate to see someone else go through the same crap.

·
Fast Lane Ukraine
1,343 Posts
I buy mainly overseas, my local businesses will get my money if they can price match but otherwise I will get the best deal I can for my cash.

I use ebay a lot, and the vendors on this forum; Biohazard and Hardracing.

Best thing is to do your research good and proper, I will research a part for days sometimes until I find the best price, back and forth with emails and offers. Be patient, including wait times for items to come in the mail, and you will always win mate. Be impatient, you will spend more.

Take for instance the full exhaust system I bought. Got it from Biohazard Cycles for 650 dollars Australian shipped to my door from the US. The cheapest quote I got here in Oz? $1099. Pays to shop around.
Exactly this.

I prefer to give my local business money, but they don't carry Alpinestar so I shop around. I love RevZilla. I'm in NY and they are in Philadelphia and their shipping is literally next day even for UPS Ground.

I'm a big fan of Alpinestars so far, but it's my first gear. Their products look great (fashion wise) and seem to also have great function.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Everyone has an opinion and preferences. Thought it would be good to hear your experiences with parts and accessories I.e. Brands, suppliers and wether you buy australian or over seas?
I've heard good things about revzilla.they seem to be very customer satusfaction orientated.I haven't ordered from them though.there's a post on the ninja300 facebook group about them

1 - 16 of 16 Posts