Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi guys,

I have a white ninja 300 and I want to paint my brake calipers pink because my "ninja" and "kawasaki" decal is pink and i think the calipers would add just the right amount of pink on my bike, and after all I am a girl :) but I just wanna know if any of you guys have painted your calipers and how i should go about it? Don't know if it would be easier to take them off completely or just put a bag around the wheels and cover them..

Thxxx xox

·
Registered
193 Posts
Take them off if you want to do it right and not worry about getting other things pink. They are really easy to take off and put back on, just have to bleed your brakes afterwards.

Just make sure you use a high temp paint....something like this.....http://www.amazon.com/G2-Temperature-Brake-Caliper-System/dp/B004BQEWB2

BTW...like your undercut....my G/F is in the process of doing the same thing. Says it feels so much cooler.

Welcome to the site!

·
Registered
135 Posts
Some one correct me on this if I'm wrong. No need to bleed your brakes if you don't disconnect the lines. I painted the calipers on my Challenger this way. Just removed the tires/rims, unbolted the calipers, then taped everything off I didn't want to paint. I never unscrewed any lines so no need to bleed the brakes. Just be careful not to let them hang from the lines.

·
Premium Member
4,652 Posts
Reactions: Hijinks
1 - 7 of 7 Posts