Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone

Just wanted to post some latest pictures of my bike and its mods. I went to the long beach convention center a few weeks ago and saw a white Ducati with the red wheels which I loved. So I decided to paint mines as well. I first tried plastic dip paint in red. But didn't like it as it look to flat and dark. So I went to home depot and got gloss red and gloss clear to protect it and bring some shine. I think it over bring the white out more in my opinion. I also installed the seat cowl which now makes it look really good. Please enjoy the pictures below, I also I have my helmet next to it, it matches the hole bike now.

Man I'm so excited to ride again tomorrow. Lol. When I got to my business in the morning after getting off my bike. I was standing outside for a few minutes just starring at it.

·
Registered
561 Posts
looks good.... i have the ebony 300, and want to do my wheels red also. did you just use plasti dip by itself or did you use the glossifier as well? I think I'll plasti dip them first to see how it looks on the bike itself....

thanks for the pics....

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
looks good.... i have the ebony 300, and want to do my wheels red also. did you just use plasti dip by itself or did you use the glossifier as well? I think I'll plasti dip them first to see how it looks on the bike itself....

thanks for the pics....
I used plasti dip first but didn't like the outcome of it. Plus they were expensive. So I just used a red gloss spray can and then clear to protect the paint. You can get any paint for metal and after a few minutes add clear gloss.

·
Registered
958 Posts
Looks awesome, I've been thinking about getting my wheels powder coated green to match my bike since before I got it, I really like the look of colored wheels to match or accent the bike. :D

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Why did you lower the bike?? And it looks like there's a huge space between the cowl and rear body in the first picture. Is that normal?
I lowered it because I commute on the street alot with many red lights. So I wanted comfort. I wanted to place both my feet on the floor, especially as a new rider. But once I'm more confident ill raise it up.

For the seat cowl, it's not lock, I just placed it on top once I hung my helmet just for the picture.

Thanks everyone for the comments. I really like how it came out. I first I was scared it might look off or something, but it really looks good. I been getting lots of complements on the street.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Painting the wheels on my wifes bike purple to eventually match all the purple we are putting on the bike and thinking on painting mine green if I don't swap all the green on my SE with Canyon Copper pearl metallic and the wheels will also match..

·
Registered
420 Posts
1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.