Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was just looking for how to change the headlight and apparently headlight adjustment should be done by an authorised dearer.

Not the best for a brand new bike :p

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
3,516 Posts
Was just looking for how to change the headlight and apparently headlight adjustment should be done by an authorised dearer.

Technically the aiming of the headlight is supposed to be very precise by federal law. You can get a huge ticket for having headlights aimed at head level for example. This is why they say it's something for the dealership/technician to do.

·
Registered
1,715 Posts

The owner's manual is not the service manual and is kinda useless for helping you if you want to work on your bike.

·
Banned
1,037 Posts

Um I think almost ever single task they list is to have a dealer do it. it covers them so if your stupid and do something wrong they can say look we told you to take it to a dealer.

·
Registered
221 Posts
For USA adjustment regs are for high beams, at 25 feet away (tape horizontal with headlight assembly) the brightest spot of beam should be 2 inches below horizontal.

·
Premium Member
318 Posts
I believe he's referring to the spelling? Not the instructions

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I believe he's referring to the spelling? Not the instructions
Correct was more the spelling this was for kawasaki Australia was just wondering if it was an error in the EU or US books, i have the service manual was just wondering what the book said.
With the fines for the incorrect headlight adjustment i have had a friend in Queensland get a fine for it before that didn't know it was a law a few years back.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'm sure it does everything will have the has to be done by a dealer next to it.
Was just funny how a brand new bikes manual would have spelling mistakes there are a few more earlier in it forgot the exact pages, figured they would have had a better editing team.
One thing we can do ourselves is tyre pressure I guess that's a good thing

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

1 - 13 of 13 Posts