Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i purchased a rear paddock stand today but i'm a bit afraid to lift the bike on my own. i think i might topple the bike over. is it really that difficult or am i worrying too much

·
Super Moderator
1,075 Posts
you're worrying too much. check out youtube videos for some guidance

·
Premium Member
12,371 Posts
piece of cake. i do it all the time. make sure bike is on flat level ground

put bike in to first gear so it doesnt move

go to back of bike and line the stand up reasonably well with bike & stand on the right side rear of bike (opposite side to the side stand) and lift bike to vertical position and with one leg press the paddock stand down to the ground

done

·
Premium Member
12,371 Posts
If you're really worried about it, have a friend hold the bike level while you put the stand in place.
great idea

get them to stand on the right side of the bike (opposite side to the side stand) so if it falls their way their can stand it up again

·
Registered
652 Posts
It takes about 3 or 4 times of using it for you to gain reasonable level of comfort. Once I got the stand almost on the rear spools. I kinda hugged the rear seat as I pull the bike into vertical position and continue to push down on the stand. Once the stand has stabilized the bike it's just push the stand to the floor.

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
The more you think about messing up or something bad happening; the more likely it will happen.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts