Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks, so got hold of a 2013 ninja and it's driven 19.2k kilometers (~12k miles). I rode very rough guess I was revving alot most of that time. I smelled something burning and there it was the white smoke coming out, I'll attack a pic as well. Then was quite of an oil leakage, when I checked the sight glass for oil levels it was overflown and only levels when the bike is tilted down to the left. I parked it at home and rode out after one and half day for ~28km and it got heated up alot and I could feel the heat between my thighs. I'm taking it to a dealership tomorrow for repair but I want to get a rough idea of what's wrong here so the mechanic doesn't rip me off( I'm new and I know folks like to to that).
You can see the smoke here..
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Bumper Automotive design Automotive lighting

Attachments

·
Premium Member
84' Goldwing Aspencade, 91' EX500, 98' Ninja 250 w/ 17' 300 engine, 07 EX500
187 Posts
If you're seeing white smoke from the exhaust, I'm guessing head gasket?

·
Premium Member
84' Goldwing Aspencade, 91' EX500, 98' Ninja 250 w/ 17' 300 engine, 07 EX500
187 Posts
Did you drain the oil? How does it look? What oil is it? How does it smell?

I think that smoke you're seeing might be coming out of the oil breather. Is the hose 8n place properly installed?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi folks, so got hold of a 2013 ninja and it's driven 19.2k kilometers (~12k miles). I rode very rough guess I was revving alot most of that time. I smelled something burning and there it was the white smoke coming out, I'll attack a pic as well. Then was quite of an oil leakage, when I checked the sight glass for oil levels it was overflown and only levels when the bike is tilted down to the left. I parked it at home and rode out after one and half day for ~28km and it got heated up alot and I could feel the heat between my thighs. I'm taking it to a dealership tomorrow for repair but I want to get a rough idea of what's wrong here so the mechanic doesn't rip me off( I'm new and I know folks like to to that).
You can see the smoke here.. View attachment 116111

Curious, what was the dealer diagnostic ?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts