Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone! I'm on the market looking to buy a new 2014 Ninja 300 (With or without ABS) with the green SE color scheme. I live in the DFW area (Texas, USA) and I was looking to see if anyone else recently purchased a bike from any nearby dealerships.

I recently got a quote from D&S Kawasaki/Honda for a 2014 Ninja 300 ABS SE for $6,700 OTD. I also got another quote for the same non-abs version of the bike for $6,200 at Grapevine Kawasaki/Polaris. Do these seem like reasonable prices?

Any input on the price you paid or what dealerships you would recommend would be greatly appreciated!:emot-coffee:

·
Registered
326 Posts
Do you have a Costco membership?

If not, get one (I think the basic membership is either $25 or $50 a year). Should save you at least $500 (from your quote for the ABS version, and from the price I got, it would be more than $500, but somewhere under $1000, I believe), and you'll get a $200 Costco gift card after completing a redemption form and survey.

Once you have the membership, just google "costco auto program" and it's fairly self-explanatory after that. But, basically, they point you to a dealer, and then the dealer has to give you the price that they set.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Do you have a Costco membership?

If not, get one (I think the basic membership is either $25 or $50 a year). Should save you at least $500 (from your quote for the ABS version, and from the price I got, it would be more than $500, but somewhere under $1000, I believe), and you'll get a $200 Costco gift card after completing a redemption form and survey.

Once you have the membership, just google "costco auto program" and it's fairly self-explanatory after that. But, basically, they point you to a dealer, and then the dealer has to give you the price that they set.
Alright ill look into this. Thank you.

P.S. Do you know if any coupons could be used on that price? I know a dealership that offers 10% off for military discount! : )

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
You need to put the full breakdown of your OTD for us to be able to tell if it's a good deal.

For instance, I paid for a brand new 2013, non-abs, Illinois

4699 - bike
100 - doc fee
340 - tax (7.25%)
5140 - OTD

So, I would not say an extra $1400 for ABS is a good deal.

Also, go check out the OTD thread for more information.
Dave

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You need to put the full breakdown of your OTD for us to be able to tell if it's a good deal.

For instance, I paid for a brand new 2013, non-abs, Illinois

4699 - bike
100 - doc fee
340 - tax (7.25%)
5140 - OTD

So, I would not say an extra $1400 for ABS is a good deal.

Also, go check out the OTD thread for more information.
Dave
Alright this is what I received.

Bike - $5,199
Taxes - $442
Prep - $520
Title and Docs - $83

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
That's a lot for Prep fees - which are all extra profit for the dealer. Notice how that adds 10% to the cost of the bike. Get them to come down on that to make it a good deal. Prep / delivery fees are not required, no matter what BS the dealer gives you.

I meant to say an extra $1200 for ABS in NOT a good deal, not is a good deal.

Dave

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Kawasaki's website says MSRP on a 2014 ABS SE is 5499. Is your quote for the non-ABS SE?

Dave
Oh yeah sorry that was the quote for the non-abs SE version of the bike.

What do you think a reasonable price for a abs SE would be? The dealer quoted me $6600, but I'm sure I could talk them down a hundred or two. They also offer a 10% discount off the final price for retired military.

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
Oh yeah sorry that was the quote for the non-abs SE version of the bike.

What do you think a reasonable price for a abs SE would be? The dealer quoted me $6600, but I'm sure I could talk them down a hundred or two. They also offer a 10% discount off the final price for retired military.
Try to get the bike for under MSRP and without fees, that's a deal. The 10% military discount is a wash because as I already pointed out - they raised the price 10% by adding in the "Prep Fee."

Get them to waive the prep fee, pay MSRP and then get 10% off would be a good deal, IMO.

Dave

·
Registered
20 Posts
I bought my 2013 ninja 300 non abs from Grapevine Kawasaki. Tyler helped me out on my purchase. The customer service at that dealership was superb. They had the last 2013 ninja 300 in all of DFW. I really wanted an SE, but they couldn't find me one. I had trouble adding mods to my financing and I wanted to lower it so I could foot the bike. So they lowered my bike for free. My bike was $4900 (dealer added the Werkes GP slip on that's why it is $200 more than regular price) and after all of the fees it came to $6100. I had to put $200 down so out the door it was $5900.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.