Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else waiting forever for parts from Kawasaki for the Ninja 300? I ordered a damn shift lever 1/29/2013 and I'm still waiting? I'm so damn annoyed I wana ride my bike......:mad:

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well I'm going thru the dealership I bought the bike from but they are ordering from Kawasaki because there are no 'after market' parts for this bike yet. They say it normally doesn't take this long, they are really nice guys, there even giving me a deal on the parts since its taking so long. They said Kawasaki said there on back order. I'm gonna wait till next week and if still nothing I'm calling Kawasaki Customer Service myself and gonna raise hell. I didn't just buy a brand new bike for it to sit in my garage because they can't send me parts in a reasonable time... Sucks...

·
Registered
29 Posts
When I got my 300 Tues. I wanted to order some parts but the dealer said that a lot of 300 stuff with on back order. Don't really know how true that is.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hmm, well I got the same story so maybe its true. The dude I'm talking to at the dealership say's new bike parts are always on demand and when there is no after market parts depending on the part and how popular the order is they can tend to take a bit longer.. so guess i'm just stuck waiting for now....

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
THeres no after market parts for the 2013 300 yet... Well my ride home was perfect but then I ended up on another ride the same day and layed it down some BS country road that turned into gravel and made me skid on my left side. I marked up my left fairing a bit and broke my damn shift lever. So needless to say I've ridin it twice and its been parked ever since..... pretty pathetic.... I have tons of experience on dirt bikes bit its my first street bike and basically i tried to take the slow corner as a dirt bike and the road turning into gravel on me didnt help either.. it was a SB lay down I was pissed but the damage is minor and fixable and I'm alive so all good i guess...

·
Registered
2,760 Posts
There are TONS of aftermarket parts for the 300, just about anything you may want.. The 250R levers fir the 300 as well..

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The dealer guy brought me the parts I'm ordering from a 250 to see if it would fit my bike and it didnt the measurments were off a bit and would have needed work to make it work... I didnt want that so I decided to wait for the original parts... They did mention some 250 parts do work but not many. But I really have no clue, but from what I saw the shift lever didnt fit.. The base that the lever is attached to is different..

·
Registered
4,130 Posts
Road stops, gravel starts.......I turn around. These bikes are not meant to be ridden on loose surfaces. Seems like enough people here have trouble staying upright on roads let alone gravel!!!

·
Track Whore
675 Posts
Trust me there are plenty of aftermarket parts available.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Motorcycle.com Free App

1 - 12 of 12 Posts