Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I ordered my helmet last weekend. HJC CL16.
Today I ordered a Speed and Strength mesh jacket, armor vest, gauntlet gloves, and a cortech latigo air tall boots.

So hopefully I get them soon so I can ride on the street instead of just in my neighborhood. Spent about $600 on the gear.

· Registered
427 Posts
So that should be $30 in Revzilla Cash.

Revzilla has a lower threshold, $39 for free shipping. That's $50 less than Supersnore.

Since they're based in Philly, it doesn't take long to reach NYC and other east coast areas. I ordered something on Monday morning and received it on Tuesday afternoon. Shipping that fast is usually expensive but it was FREE.

· Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Got my hjc cl16 helmet in the mail today. Feels good, thought it came with a chin curtain but no such luck, I will have to order one from moto superstore later. Riding it let in enough air but I cracked it some for more air flow, felt good. I also felt a lot safer than using my army Kevlar helmet that I used in my neighborhood. Today I left my neighborhood and rode around other neighborhoods. It was fun, going on the main road off my subdivision speed limit is 45 so it felt different going that fast. The rpms were at 5000 in 6th gear so not sure how you are supposed to break it in for 500 miles all under 4000 rpm?

· Registered
1,148 Posts
Revzilla might have the chin skirt for it. Just cause its not on their website doesn't mean they can't get it. I called them about a chin skirt for my hjc and they could get it for $3.

Granted it was $10 shipping... So I just added on a smoked visor and a pinlock to make it free shipping.

I ordered a Leo Vince corsa and a backpack on Saturday from them. They are due to arrive tomorrow.

Give them a call. They have great customer service. And since you thought it came with it you might be able to get free shipping. Ask em.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

· Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Got my cortech latigo air boots today, they fit comfortably and rode about an hour. Took some getting used to with getting the boot under the shifter and it did start to hurt my right ankle from the way it was bent forward on the peg and brake. Won't get my gloves, jacket till Monday and my body armor vest till march since its on back order. The more I ride the better I feel on the bike, just have to take it to 5k rpms on the roads to keep up to 45-50.

· Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Just a review of my gear so far. The white HJC CL16 small fits well and let's in plenty of air, also my sunglasses fit well when wearing it. Just need to buy a darker tinted lens soon.

My cortech latigo air tall boots in white fit well. I haven't noticed my feet sweating so it must let in plenty of air. Today I did notice a piece of the Velcro on the top came loose from the glue, I can probably just glue the pieces back together. Hopefully it won't tear more.

Monday I will get my speed and strength trial by fire mesh jacket in white and my speed and strength full gauntlet gloves in white. After I ride with them I will write a small review.

· Banned
262 Posts
...Shipping that fast is usually expensive but it was FREE.
PA to NYC is a 1 day ground point. so its not "expensive" to ship. Was probably <8 dollars for them to ship it to you.

I will be purchasing some things from them soon. I try to order things from east coast companies when possible. should be a 2 day point for me here in NH

· Premium Member
987 Posts
Just a review of my gear so far. The white HJC CL16 small fits well and let's in plenty of air, also my sunglasses fit well when wearing it. Just need to buy a darker tinted lens soon.

My cortech latigo air tall boots in white fit well. I haven't noticed my feet sweating so it must let in plenty of air. Today I did notice a piece of the Velcro on the top came loose from the glue, I can probably just glue the pieces back together. Hopefully it won't tear more.

Monday I will get my speed and strength trial by fire mesh jacket in white and my speed and strength full gauntlet gloves in white. After I ride with them I will write a small review.
If your boots are falling apart after only a couple uses send them back. Don't try repairing them. They're brand new!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.