Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
839 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So, In my attempts to fix my scratched area I did a repair kit...though it did cover up my scratches, it left a few uneven clear coat corrector bumps. I did sand it down in a 4 step process but i'm scared to sand too much for fear of going past my clear and into my paint.

That being said i've though of just placing a simple black decal over the area to kind of hide it...these are the two I like. Also, keep in mind unless you're like 10 inches from the effected area AND know about it you would never notice it, lol. It's just me being anal as crap...

So, opinions on these decals...or should I just go without?
Opinions please.

Decal 1:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/250650643455?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

or

Decal 2:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/281045164891?var=580169495061&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

or

LEAVE IT BE.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I like the second one better. Not sure how it would actually look on the bike though.

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Those correction kits don't really work all that well. Best way to fix it is to remove the part and do the whole thing. Probably not what you want to hear....but will look and be a lot better.

·
Registered
162 Posts
I'd go for a decal for the reason being you already said that you're anal. Though you can only see the scratch if you'd get too close, it's like an itch that would never go away coz you know it's there. If you put a decal to cover it, you don't only make it look nice but you'd also feel good about yourself knowing it turns out even better. I like the kiss decal btw. Just my opinion. :)

·
Registered
909 Posts
If you were to get a decal I'd get the first one.(lips) I am more of a skull fan. Te knuckles just look too.... Plain and kiddish.

Or leave it be. It's really your personal preference.

I saw this spray paint at ace that goes on clear, but reflects white when hit with light. I am thinking about getting some decals and spraying them before putting them on the bike.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
2,760 Posts
I like that lips/skull decal, but unless your 100% set on it, just leave the bike if its not noticeable.. The paint will get scratched up over time.. Its the people that dont ride who have show room quality bikes :D

·
Registered
839 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I like that lips/skull decal, but unless your 100% set on it, just leave the bike if its not noticeable.. The paint will get scratched up over time.. Its the people that dont ride who have show room quality bikes :D
Ya, very true statement. I was getting so frustrated doing the repair kit because i'm such a perfectionist when it comes to my vehicles and it wasn't turning out JUST as I planned. :p

Also, I have that same decal on my xbox that I customized, so yes I am pretty fond of it :p

just leave it be till you have a need to do more.
Ya, Hydro keeps telling me to leave it be.

If you were to get a decal I'd get the first one.(lips) I am more of a skull fan. Te knuckles just look too.... Plain and kiddish.

Or leave it be. It's really your personal preference.

I saw this spray paint at ace that goes on clear, but reflects white when hit with light. I am thinking about getting some decals and spraying them before putting them on the bike.

I may have to look that spray up, very good idea.

I'd go for a decal for the reason being you already said that you're anal. Though you can only see the scratch if you'd get too close, it's like an itch that would never go away coz you know it's there. If you put a decal to cover it, you don't only make it look nice but you'd also feel good about yourself knowing it turns out even better. I like the kiss decal btw. Just my opinion. :)
Ha ha, ya...I stare at it every time I uncover my bike. I know others won't notice it...just irks me to death.

Those correction kits don't really work all that well. Best way to fix it is to remove the part and do the whole thing. Probably not what you want to hear....but will look and be a lot better.
Ya, not really an option right now. I may end up getting it painted a custom color in the future, probably the only time I would pull my fairings off for extended time duration. & ya, I did the kit to the T...I do think it would have worked better if it wasn't for it being at a downward angle and the clear coat pen running. It doesn't look horrible and I probably could sand it down better honestly, I just worry about going down too deep. It's kinda like battling the odds...

I like the second one better. Not sure how it would actually look on the bike though.
That, my friend...is why I LOVE photoshop ;)

leave it...
love you hunni...

·
Registered
839 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
why do you two talk to each other on here :confused::confused::confused:

Walk into the other room and say it face to face hahah :D
Can't say it face to face when we are at work.. :p

I was upset yesterday about the kit...I was being mean to him.
Had to put myself in time out... :(

He still snickers at me for dropping my bike...
:eek:
What a a$$ right!?
:p

·
Registered
909 Posts
Didn't want to create another decal opinion thread. So I am throwing mine in this one. Will someone measure this part for me? My bike is currently an hour away from me.... And I want to order a decal I found if it fits.

ImageUploadedByMO Free1357925970.683948.jpg

1 - 20 of 33 Posts