Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For people who have opened up the housing for projectors installs and any other reasons, what is the easiest or best way to do it? has anyone tried the oven trick?

·
Registered
2,760 Posts
oven does not work because of the silicone glue that the factory used..

I used a single flat head screwdriver and just pried it all open.. I think it was 4-5 hours from start to finish on just opening and cleaning up the headlight..

·
Registered
923 Posts
For people who have opened up the housing for projectors installs and any other reasons, what is the easiest or best way to do it? has anyone tried the oven trick?
Ha! Lots of cursing got me through it. Unfortunately, your best friend is patience on this project. I too spent 5+ hours just opening the assembly. If it helps any.... It's totally worth the headache.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
2,760 Posts
I'm waiting for the fully assembled plug-n-play headlight projector assembly.

Might be waiting for quite a while ;)
Borka will make install a kit for you, he can order you a new housing or you can send you your current one.. Worth it if your not interested in a DIY...

took me 1.5 hours. i used a knife and a screwdriver. i still have a scar on my hand from where i stabbed myself with the knife.
It took me about that long to get it opened up, I spend more time cleaning out the old sealer than I did opening it..

·
Registered
344 Posts
I want to keep my stock unit. Need a fully assembled kit that would just plug into existing connectors like a PC V does. Again, I'm not holding my breath for it, but I would buy it.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Were you guys opening the headlight housings just to clean them because there was dust or dirt in there?

I was wondering why you guys would go through all that effort. I would have thought since they are sealed/not that old they wouldn't be that dirty?

·
Super Moderator
1,075 Posts
I've worked and opened headlights on RSX's for years to do retrofits. Always used an oven at 190-200 degrees for about 15-20 mins. Then used a flat head. Imagine it'd be the same for the bike headlight housings

1 - 10 of 10 Posts