Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to replace a couple parts on my bike, looking for OEM for now. I found two websites,

www.procaliber.com

www.kawasakipartshouse.com

Anyone use these guys before? Their prices look good, I just don't want to get some "direct replacement" knockoff parts for the bike, especially if I get new plastic...

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It looks like that Babbitt's is the same as the Kawasakipartshouse.com

Did you end up getting parts from them? I can live without the plastic for a minute, really need to replace the gear shift and handlebar (shift more than bar)

·
Registered
487 Posts
I've had good experiences with Gearhead.com - bought a white seat cowl last year from them when those things weren't backordered (are they still?). I think tacobus (10% off) still works with them but if you're ordering any of the high demand items (fairings, shift lever, seat cowl etc.) best inquire before ordering - you never know how long you might have to wait for those...

·
Registered
134 Posts
I bought the larger OEM windscreen from them.

The price was good & shipping was fast.

Having said that, pay careful attention to the shipping charges. In my case, the windscreen didn't come with the OEM decal (no big deal) but if I wanted to purchase the decal, the shipping for it was almost as much as the shipping for the windscreen. I sent them an email pointing out this just didn't make sense - no response.

(Didn't but the decal... obviously.)

Sent from my iPod touch using MO Free

·
Registered
28 Posts
I've ordered a few things from Procaliber; nothing to complain about. They had the best prices from what I could tell with regards to OEM parts and the $100 free shipping is great (especially since OEM prices add up quickly).

Procaliber (like probably all the other OEM parts portals) order most of their stuff direct from the factory so you're looking at about half of a business week of getting the parts from Japan and another half of a business week to get it to your door. I'm a little closer to them (Washington to CA) and my ordered on Monday packages arrived the next Wednesday/Thursday so expect to wait a little while. This is for the good stuff (levers, fairings, etc.); if you just need bolts or screws, you can shop around and some other dealer might have some immediately on hand.

eBay is another good resource; if you check the crash forums on all the Ninja 300 sites, these bikes are selling like hotcakes and being wrecked quite frequently too. "ninja 300 cowl", "ninja 300 fairing", "ninja 300 something" and you'll find dealers all over the country with stripped down 300 parts. Definitely not everything-everything but there's even a couple engines and frames readily available on eBay so it can be a very good resource.

Another thing to keep in mind is the crossover from the 250 (which has half a decade + of time / parts on the market) and the 300. A lot of the non-unique stuff (including the gear shift lever, probably the handlebars; excluding fairings obviously) use exactly / almost exactly the same parts, albeit sometimes in a different paint scheme. cruizin has a great resource for a lot of the 250-300 parts that are interchangeable: http://www.scribd.com/doc/121374823/Ninja-300-quick-n-dirty-parts

Good luck! It's very straightforward to take apart this bike and get it all fixed up; the worst part is waiting for all the stuff you need to get to your door. :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts