Banned
562 Posts
nice but I want an icon

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
How much? Is it leather or textile?
mesh replica. when i searched on ebay i saw from $150-$299.

i'd buy it now but rent's due sat. see what i have to play with after :D

just search Joe Rocket Mesh Kawasaki or something similar you'll see.

·
Registered
9 Posts
my first jacket was a green Kawasaki textile jacket made by Joe Rocket. It has those exterior, black shoulder pads.

It doesn't have the "Joe Rocket" name all over the front (a plus!) and it has a soft vest liner that I should probably put in soon. The snaps on the wrists both broke, but the rest of the jacket has held up well.

It was about $200 IIRC.
I would advise paying about $300-400 minimum for a real leather jacket (make sure the leather is soft and comfortable, especially around your neck!) if you're serious.

·
Premium Member
12,370 Posts
out of interest have any of you ever worn leather jackets for a decent days ride???

tried wearing them in the rain???

after doing this for many years, i discovered that leathers were great, about 30 years ago when there was no choice. no days we have kevlar and goretex.

·
Premium Member
1,072 Posts

Thats an older JR Kawi jacket and they discontinued it a few years back. Textile / mesh.... may be hard to find, but good luck

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
so update:

just bought it in red from ebay.$130 shipped. supposedly in new condition from backstock but we'll see. the photo the seller had looked new with the tags still attached.

here's what it looks like in red:

saw it and couldn't resist, especially at that price... supposedly will get here in a week.
will look AWESOME with my new helmet which is on the UPS truck as i type!!!

*EDIT* here it is:

definitely looks new retail to me!!!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/330852880694?item=330852880694&viewitem=&vxp=mtr

·
Banned
562 Posts
Very nice helm

Sent from my SCH-R950 using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Premium Member
318 Posts
If only they cost $700 less :mad:
Well that is Alpinestars race leather jacket. You get what you pay for. Mesh will rip apart in a crash, the wearer just has to hope they stop sliding before it goes all the way through.

Leather is definitely the way to go, textile being second, mesh being 3rd. You can get a nice leather jacket anywhere from $250 up to $1000, just depends on how much protection and comfort you want.

My $250 Cortech Latigo leather jacket was very nice, though, someday I would like a top-of-the-line A* like you posted. They are awesome!

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.