Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been riding 52 years now as you can imagine all sorts of scooters and bikes. I joined this forum because my plans are to buy a ninja 300 sometime before the end of this year. Right now I am riding a 1987 Honda helix which might be sold real soon so there's my down payment on the ninja :)
I live in central Florida. About an right between, and inland, of Daytona Beach and St. Augustine. Moved here a couple years ago from spending 20 years living in Key West. Now adjusting to the "real world"

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Been riding 52 years now as you can imagine all sorts of scooters and bikes. I joined this forum because my plans are to buy a ninja 300 sometime before the end of this year. Right now I am riding a 1987 Honda helix which might be sold real soon so there's my down payment on the ninja :)
I live in central Florida. About an right between, and inland, of Daytona Beach and St. Augustine. Moved here a couple years ago from spending 20 years living in Key West. Now adjusting to the "real world"
Soooo Putnam county then?

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yep Rick South Putnam county :) And all the time I lived in Key West I use to vacation up near you at Ft. Myers Beach. Now here I am in the middle of no where:) But at least here I have a lot of roads I can ride on instead of only one road out of KW

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Yep Rick South Putnam county :) And all the time I lived in Key West I use to vacation up near you at Ft. Myers Beach. Now here I am in the middle of no where:) But at least here I have a lot of roads I can ride on instead of only one road out of KW
My grandpa lived in Georgetown and now he's terminally ill in satsuma but I'll give him credit he's still living his life and enjoying every moment of what's left

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
All right first ( maybe the major ) step done. I listed my Helix on Craigslist two days ago and sold it yesterday. So now with a bit more money thats expected to come in next week I figure this time next month I'll be able to walk into a dealer and get my new ninja 300 just in time for my 70th birthday. Course will still have to finance it but with a couple k down and a excellant credit score that shouldnt be a problem.

·
Registered
993 Posts
You've got a lot of hair on your face! I like you already! Welcome to the forum! What colour are you getting by the way? Sorry to hear about your Grandpa. Wow! If you're about to hit 70, how old is he?
I'm thinkin' you got two posts mixed up!:D

Welcome to the group reggae5! don't let nuthin' stop ya.... lots of us older types are buying the 300 because of its lightwieght and manuverability, well that and for 5-7k price for a new bike its great.

·
Premium Member
1,531 Posts
I'm thinkin' you got two posts mixed up!:D

Welcome to the group reggae5! don't let nuthin' stop ya.... lots of us older types are buying the 300 because of its lightwieght and manuverability, well that and for 5-7k price for a new bike its great.
Dang! That's some pretty good stuff I'm on! I confused Rick's post with reggae5's pic! Thanks for pointing it out Old Rider! Re-editing...

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks ! Hey maybe the hair on the face was about me well at least the avatair of my doggy :)
Just wrote down which bikes I've owned over the 52 years of riding this will be number 13. The 4th brand new one for me.
Everything will be in place next month at this time to buy it proably going to check out Fun Machines at Daytona Beach for it their about my closest dealer and see what they have. Going close to them tomorrow anyways maybe stop by and lay the ground work

·
Premium Member
1,531 Posts
It was of your avatar! LOL. I got to say that I am impressed. My Dad is going on 72 this September. However, I can't see for the life of me, him ever getting on this bike, or any other bike for that matter. He isn't overweight. He's just been inactive over the years and now has trouble with movement. Like you, I intend to keep as active as possible for as long as I can. In a strange way, his inactiveness has motivated me to get off my ass and stay in shape. I hope to be riding well into my 80's, if I can still hold the bike up...

·
Registered
1,115 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,531 Posts

Oh he's about seventy five I guess. I'm estranged from him for personal reasons but my mom still hears from him sometimes

I'm sorry to hear that. I don't know if this may mean much but I have often found that when one is nearing the end, time becomes all that more precious. We have all eternity to be alone. In the short time we are alive, the least we can do is be civil to one another, no matter what...Having said that, with some people, it is easier said than done!...

"As the preacher said...I'd write shorter sermons but once I start, I get too lazy to stop!" Lincoln

So I'd better stop!...

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
:DReggae dance of joy. I did it ! Went down to Daytona Beach and picked up a Ninja 300 SE ( non-abs ) drove it the 60 miles home. Got lost on the way home in Daytona Beach and went ten miles out of my way but didn't care it was just more riding time.

·
Registered
419 Posts
:DReggae dance of joy. I did it ! Went down to Daytona Beach and picked up a Ninja 300 SE ( non-abs ) drove it the 60 miles home. Got lost on the way home in Daytona Beach and went ten miles out of my way but didn't care it was just more riding time.
Congrats! I thought that in the US the green and black SE' s were the ABS model though. What colour is your new toy?

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
the dealer had only two left both black and green on abs one non-abs. Didn't really want the abs anyways and like the black and green looking good in my driveway :)

·
Registered
121 Posts
Here in the U.S. they offer the green and black in two models. The "SE" or the "SE ABS"

Sent from my zt180 using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Premium Member
1,531 Posts
Congratulations reggae5! I see the bike made the month go fast LOL! When I saw mine for the first time in person, I knew I couldn't wait too. What mods are you gonna do to it?

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
First mods will be to add things to carry stuff. IE: saddle bags and cargo net bunge cord. Not a big fan of the way this bike looks with a trunk on it. Got to say on my last scooter ( 87 Honda helix ) between the trunk luggage rack and second bag on the passenger seat I sure had storage.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts