1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
562 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just put new pirelli rosso II's on the 650r
just found out i can get them for the 300 in 110 70 17 and 140 70 17
those are skinny
does anyone know if i can fit 120 and 150s on the 300?
i would like the bigger tires as i am a bigger guy and i think the slightly
larger tire will give me more stability. I know i will lose a little nimbleness
which is not a huge deal for me as i like having to push harder to turn etc
makes me feel more solid on the bike
Peanut i think you have already listed as having 120 and 150s on your 300
so hopefully you can help me out here

btw the price i was told is 101 for front and 120 for the rear these guys
hooked me up on my 650 as well so if anyone is looking for rosso II's i got a great dealer!

·
Banned
562 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
will it hurt my performance at all. what about clearance under front fender

·
Banned
1,717 Posts
No, the bike felt slightly slower to drop in on my Contis but within a few turns it was gone. I swapped back & forth from the OEM tires to the bigger ones chasing the steering head bearing symptoms so I picked it up a few times but it fades immediatly. Your specific tire might be more or less of that difference but I don't think many would even notice it.

The grip goes up exponentially. The front tire had lots of room, rear could go to a 160 but I don't see any benefit to that at this weight/HP.

·
Banned
562 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
k yeh I was thinking tge improved grip a 120 70 17 front and 150 70 17 rear would be best. I looked at the specs the bikes are almost the same size and I think this will improve grip like crazy. I know there is a 60 pound weight diff but the 300 is only 20 less hp so shouldnt they have comparable hp to weight

·
Banned
1,717 Posts
I run these same tires and sizes on my KTM 530 and Husaberg 570 supermoto wheels. Excellent sizes and those bikes weigh 100lbs less with about 15 more HP.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Good to know once my tires wear out I can put some which are a lol wider.

·
Banned
1,717 Posts
Nope. I'd advise a wider rear wheel if you went to a 160 but the 150 is commonly used on 4.25" rim, the 300 is 4". not enough to worry about. The 160 on sumoto bikes gets a 5" rim.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts