Discussion Starter #1
So now i am at the brakes
i would like much stronger braking from the front brake
way too soft when i want to stop i want to STOP
soooo

I was told the only way to increase this is to get braided
brake line.

Is this true? I am looking into bembro front caliper and pads
if i can find them (i really want the red pads hehe)

do i need braided lines?

also the pegs. I had mine adjusted so that i wasnt getting a cramp
in my foot when i shifted but would like some higher quality pegs
stupid question but are those considered rear sets?
i would like something adjustable so that i can position my feet a little
further back because when i go on hwy my knees are about an inch too
far forward for comfort and if i could move my legs back some i could grip
tank better which would feel much more stable.

Also the clutch lever and the front brake lever... i would like a recommendation on higher quality parts esp the clutch as i would like
to adjst the friction zone from being so far forward to much further back making it easier to get into gear

any tips on these would be awesome

thankyou

·
Registered
2,760 Posts
As for brakes, I just bought 2 sets of braided lines from Hard Racing, the price is great for them and from what I have read on the NInja 250R forums, they make a HUGE difference, if thats though enough get some pad upgrades, which are still not 100% available yet..

As for brake lines, why not go braided they last a lifetime vs. the stockers that last 3 years..

I have no comments on Brembo stuff..

Rearsets is the complete foot assembly, pegs are just pegs.. If you want to move the pegs pushed back you can get rearset adjusters, which I am selling by the way haha. They dont work with the stock exhaust though they should work with any aftermarket exhaust though. Or you can go with a full set of racing rearsets, which are fully adjustable.. These are all 250R parts..

As for the levers you can adjustable 250R levers as well.. If you dont mind made in china parts, you can get a set for about $30 in any color you want.. If you want made in North American, Pazzo is the most popular, they are made in Canada, but they will set you back $200+ the Made in China ones are a replica of them..

·
Banned
562 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
so the 250 levers will work ? and are there 300 braided lines or are those 250r as well?

·
Registered
523 Posts
Speaking of brakes, I'd go with pads before upgrading the brake lines. The 300 simply doesn't weigh enough to need a tremendous amount of grip from the brakes. I have a feeling that going with something like a non-organic pad AND braided lines would result in a lot of dangerous involuntary lockups until you get used to the new feel.

·
Registered
2,760 Posts
The 250R guys swear the brake lines alone make a HUGE difference.. There is a post on another 300 forum, saying that upgrading the brake lines make a huge difference and make the brakes ALOT more responsive.. For $100 you get lifetime brake lines plus better braking you cant beat it in my mind :)

I am not knocking a pad upgade though, that to will have an increase in braking, I have just read results for the brake lines are better, so I went that route first.. Plus they are bling bling haha

·
Registered
561 Posts
gotta love the "bling bling" :D:cool:

lemme ask this about the rear sets, being a total noob and all. with the adjustable ones does it move the foot peg further from the shifter? with my tennis shoes on i can shift like butter, with motorcycle boots on i struggle to shift at all. feels like i'm not getting my foot all the way under or something.

·
Banned
562 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
u can actually adjust that now
there is a bolt under the shifter for where you moto gp
move it one click and that will raise the shifter
thats what i did to mine and it works alot better

Reactions: KrispyKreme

·
Registered
2,760 Posts
With teh adjustable rear sets you can adjust the foot peg up, down, forward and back, and you can move the shift lever forwards and backwards.. Ever part you foot touches you can adjust :)

·
Registered
561 Posts
Thanks guys, i'll take a look at that right now and see what i can do... the rain is a coming to So. Cal. right now might have to wait a few days to try it out.... :mad:

·
Registered
561 Posts
Did the adjustment, threw on my boots and helmet and hauled butt up and down the streets shifting like butter... rain sprinkles on face shield as i pulled into my drive way.... thanks again guys...

·
Banned
562 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
cool grats

·
Registered
865 Posts
so the 250 levers will work ? and are there 300 braided lines or are those 250r as well?
The 250 levers will work, but the brake will be a perfect fit, the clutch will hve a lot more play in it than stock.

·
Banned
562 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
yes will be changing lines next along with FE
just finished plasti dipping the windscreen took 13 coats
to get it the way i wanted

·
Registered
2,760 Posts
yes will be changing lines next along with FE
just finished plasti dipping the windscreen took 13 coats
to get it the way i wanted
Thats more coats than I needed.. I laid mine down pretty heavy though.. How much of the can did you use? I took about 1/2 the can..

As for the lines, hard racing is a great price right now :D

·
Banned
562 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
about 3/4 the ridges in the inside are what kick my butt

·
Track Whore
675 Posts
Next you should work on suspension. I got my Gold Valve Emulators in the mail today and a rear shock from a ZX-6R I'm gonna try and fit in there. If it won't fit I already have a GSXR shock that I know fits. Either way my bouncers are getting a complete overhaul this weekend.

·
Banned
562 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
tell me more peanut

·
Track Whore
675 Posts
I'm building my forks the same as my 250 race bike. Race Tech Gold Valve Emulators, 15w fork oil stock springs and SSR preload adjusters. The ass end already has Polymoto jack up links and I'll be test fitting a shock I picked up from an 09 ZX-6R. If that doesn't fit I have a GSXR shock that is on my race bike at the moment. I race with the MRA and have to use a stock shock for the 250 production class so I need to take that shock off of the 250 anyways.

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Hey Peanut, when you go to install the rear shock, can you document it with pictures and throw up a new thread? I'd be very interested in seeing how this mod goes.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts