Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys.. Need help regarding - Oil leaking from small vent under the seat.. has anyone gone through this problem? Also my air-filter gets soaking wet by oil even after i clean and dry it.. I asked my mechanic about it and they say it might be problem in pistons..

(I could have gone straight to company but here in Nepal we don’t have official kawasaki showroom/services since years so..Im confused)

·
Registered
610 Posts
It's most likely oil being pumped into the airbox, and dripping out the drain, from the crankcase vent system - which isn't great.

Clean the airbox out well, and make sure the air filter is clean as well.

What oil are you running? Thin oil in hot temp and high RPM running will pump more oil through the breather system.

How many miles on the engine?

You will need to keep a close eye on the oil level, as you are losing some.

If you don't keep track of it - it's gonna blow!

·
Registered
315 Posts
+1 on piston rings and checking oil. My breather tubes and airbox have always been kinda dirty, but never soaked filter or dripping anything, just collected dust pretty fast when the rings were bad. To share my personal experience with my piston rings, I replaced them around 40k miles. The blowby was enough that it would slowly eat oil and the oil would get dirty relatively quickly, but didn't affect the rideability much. Definitely ran better with the new rings and cleaned pistons though, especially in the mid-range. Gotta get the cylinder block honed though as well, given it doesn't have irreparable damage. I made a thread on here last year or so where I did the work and took pictures, I can find it if you'd like.

-Mike

1 - 3 of 3 Posts